↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Our Puma 110
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
DefenderOfTheEarth

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Our Puma 110
Posted in the Puma section but thought I'd mention it here.

57 reg Tonga Green Used Approved 110XS with checker plate, side bar things (!), rear step, central storage box/cupholders and now sporting a nice coating on mud.

Brilliant brilliant truck and loving it more each day. The total antithesis of our BM which is so bad off road (but very good ON road) that it's hilarious - and often embarrassing! Car park with slightly damp grass and tiny incline - had to be pushed out. Think film of mud on tarmac - wheels spin. Superb on the road though.

I'll get some proper pics soon but for now, here's some awful mobile ones and the dealer one!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

And yes, it will get offroaded a lot. Already been used to tow our little speedboat about 20 miles! Defender 110XS SW gone... now VW California 180 4 Motion.
Post #44886 10th Nov 2010 6:08pm
wyvern

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Hi DOTE,
there are some lovely - if a bit short- green lanes to play with down south - as well as a pay and play site which is great to learn all about the capabilites of the waggons - nice bunch who are very helpful there too. (camping avalible as well)
We put ours to the test and found that the long tubeular step things were brill bits of kit and are not just for decoration! They were able to support the whole waggon off the ground! Embarassed
but watchout for the sand and the beach - the salt is not kind to the bits under the defender - so it is best to avoid if at all possible! Whistle
enjoy getting it muddy! Thumbs Up Poppy - TDCI (Puma) 110XS 2.2 - Camper conversion - see the build here - https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic56530.html
Elgar -TDCI(Puma) 110XS Dormobile - now sold
Devon & Cornwall 4x4 Response - DC126
Post #44904 10th Nov 2010 8:43pm
double cab happy

England 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Java Black
very nice truck, if you haven't off road'd much before, get some training and be amazed what you can do in standard form and with no damage to your pride and joy.
Post #44918 10th Nov 2010 11:09pm
DefenderOfTheEarth

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Cheers Wyvern. Some good stuff around here in West Cornwall. I MTB a lot and so recce all the time! Also have inlaws in Newton Ferrers, S Devon - some excellent green lanes around there.

Double cab - cheers for that. I used to be a Geotec Engineer and we used modded 110s (raised slightly, different tyres, underside armour plating, etc) to get to test sites. It meant some pretty extreme off roading - if we got stuck (I never did) there was always a JCB on hand to pull us out!

Also green-laned our Jimny a lot - silly looking things but surprisingly capable off road. Went some places a Defender couldn't purely because of it's low weight and tiny size. Not enough grunt to tow our boat and no diff locks so it did have it's limitations! My wife also took her driving test in a 90 pick up and has grown up with Defenders. Her dad is a proper nutter off road and has taught me a few tricks (like proper green-laning in a brand new LC Amazon VX - a surreal experience!!). Defender 110XS SW gone... now VW California 180 4 Motion.
Post #44941 11th Nov 2010 10:25am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1