↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Webaosto Wiring
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Andy W

United Kingdom 
Webaosto Wiring
Hi, I have just purchased a Webasto Thermo Top Z/ C-D from a Rover 75 to fit into my vehicle. I have read numerous articles about the Webasto heaters and that some are tied into the vehicle ECU, however the ones in the Rover 75 are not. So the heater arrived today in a box, but no wiring harness, the plugs are still attached but the wires have been cut!

So my question is, is anyone able to help with where the three wires on the X1 plug connect to; I am guessing that one is to turn it on and off, another is to the dosing pump and the third possibly for diagnostics?

On my unit the pins on the X1 plug are as follows:-

1 - Green/White
2 - Red/White
3 - Not used
4 - Not used
5 - Not used
6 - Brown/White

Thanks, Andy
Post #507660 24th Feb 2016 4:22pm
dgardel

Italy 
page 29 (physical, not page printed no.) of this DOCUMENT

also look at THIS ONE

for the diagnostic (but you need to buy the interface on EBAY) follow this LINK

and if you have time, tons of documents HERE

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

By the way

Click image to enlarge

X1 - pin 1 if HIGH (from+ 5,0V to +13,6V -> heater ON; if at 0V or grounded, -> heater OFF

X1 - pin 2 is for the diagnosis

X1 - pin 3 - external thermostat (heater doesn't switch on if ext temp is > of....thermostat dependent) - DO NOT USE!

X1 - pin 4 is for switch on the cabin fan (when coolant arrive at 48 °C)

X1 - pin 5 - summer/winter switch - DO NOT USE!, if you use a remote, in summer you can switch on the cabin fan switching on the heater (no flame, only fan)

X1 - pin 6 - Dosing pump (+)

other connectors pinouts on the pic.

Harness is important, I suggest you to buy THIS ONE ready to install the TIMER (1531 or 1533 IMHO the first is better)

HERE the link for the 1531 timer

Daniele

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License

Last edited by dgardel on 28th Feb 2016 2:26am. Edited 6 times in total
Post #508900 28th Feb 2016 1:35am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dgardel

Italy 
Also see here

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic14319.html?highlight=webasto

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic10368.html?highlight=webasto

and REMEMBER TO INSTALL the little no-return valve as showed below to avoid air bobble in the cooling circuit

RED arrow is the flow direction

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #508902 28th Feb 2016 2:07am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dgardel

Italy 
My car has the remote T91 and the 1531 timer installed, it is a pleasure to switch ON the heater from home 15 minutes before using the car.....

and, using the timer, I decide how many mins the heater must be switched ON

the remote control has a range of 100-300 meters (1km outdoor) personally tried!!! Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License

Last edited by dgardel on 28th Feb 2016 2:30am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #508903 28th Feb 2016 2:13am
dgardel

Italy 
My 1531 Timer installation

Click image to enlarge

WEBASTO 1531 USER MANUAL

IID Pro MV License
Post #508906 28th Feb 2016 2:28am
Justtellme

Canada 2003 Defender 110 Td5 SW Oslo Blue
Re: Webaosto Wiring
Andy W wrote:
Hi, I have just purchased a Webasto Thermo Top Z/ C-D from a Rover 75 to fit into my vehicle. I have read numerous articles about the Webasto heaters and that some are tied into the vehicle ECU, however the ones in the Rover 75 are not. So the heater arrived today in a box, but no wiring harness, the plugs are still attached but the wires have been cut!

So my question is, is anyone able to help with where the three wires on the X1 plug connect to; I am guessing that one is to turn it on and off, another is to the dosing pump and the third possibly for diagnostics?

1 - Green/White
2 - Red/White
3 - Not used
4 - Not used
5 - Not used
6 - Brown/White

Thanks, Andy

Is this true?
Should I be looking for a Thermo Top Z C/D Rover 75 Webasto heater for my 2003 td5?
Are there any other "used models" that can be controlled independently from the vehicle ECU for a TD5 using the controller Tig up linked to?
Cheers
Patrick
Post #524494 16th Apr 2016 3:24pm
dgardel

Italy 

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

or look inside here

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4BC2...lder%2cpdf Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #524559 16th Apr 2016 7:31pm
dgardel

Italy 
Re: Webaosto Wiring
Andy W wrote:

1 - Green/White COMAND FOR HEATER ACTIVATION/DEACTIVATION
2 - Red/White DIAGNOSIS via Webasto SW
3 - Not used
4 - Not used
5 - Not used
6 - Brown/White to the dosing pump (12 V pulsed)

Thanks, Andy

again

Click image to enlarge

X1 - pin 1 - COMAND FOR HEATER ACTIVATION/DEACTIVATION (if HIGH, from+ 5,0V to +13,6V -> heater ON; if at 0V or grounded, -> heater OFF)

X1 - pin 2 is for the diagnosis

X1 - pin 3 - DO NOT USE!

X1 - pin 4 - is for switch on the cabin fan (when coolant arrive at 48 °C out 12V for drive a relay for the cabin fan)

X1 - pin 5 - summer/winter switch, if you use a remote, in summer you can switch on the cabin fan switching on the heater (no flame, only fan)

X1 - pin 6 - Dosing pump (+)

and

X2 - pin 1 - +12V from battery fused

X2 - Pin 2 - GROUND

I suggest you to buy a compatible harness

http://www.ebay.it/itm/webasto-thermo-top-...SwlV9WTjCk Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #524565 16th Apr 2016 7:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1