↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > 110 from down under.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
foz.in.oz

Australia 2004 Defender 110 Td5 SW Bonatti Grey
110 from down under.
Hello everyone. I'm new to the site so I thought I would introduce myself and show of a bit at the same time.

Ex pat living in Gladstone, Queensland, Australia. On my third Land Rover, previous two both 2.6 litre 6 cylinder series 3s. First one a hard top, second one a station wagon. Loved them to bits, but then I bought the 110 Xtreme.
2004 model, had it from new. Autologic upgraded ECM, Heavy duty springs (not lifted), winch, dual wheel carrier, dual batteries, onboard pc with gps, rock sliders and long range fuel tanks.

Click image to enlarge

If you want to see how the trailer came to be log onto www.cqlroc.org and go to the gallery/project camping trailer.

Enjoy Land Rovers are an addiction. Toyotas are for quitters.

WWW.CQLROC.ORG
Post #2985 31st Jul 2008 3:32am
foz.in.oz

A freind of mine made a short video of me having a play. Just click on the link to watch.

http://www.cqlroc.org/25102008.wmv Land Rovers are an addiction. Toyotas are for quitters.

WWW.CQLROC.ORG
Post #4377 30th Oct 2008 3:51am
Richo

United Kingdom 
Hello foz as you can see this is my first post on this site.And i was just flicking though some of the post and came across your post and noticed you live in gladstone Queensland.
I have family there who move up from Laura nr Adelaide about 18 months ago.
Whats it like 4x4 around Queensland mate as we may be coming over and i would mine hirering a Defender for a few days and do some site seeing. Defenders are like tea bags they let the water flow though.
Post #4949 24th Nov 2008 8:00pm
foz.in.oz

There are some excellent off road opportunities here. A lot of the back roads are still gravel and most national parks and state forests have really good goat tracks in them. I run a club here and we go for a drive atleast once a month and a day out normally takes in about 100 to 200 kms of trails and tracks. Good thing is they are free. There are some off road parks here that offer the controlled play ground but obviously you have to pay for them. Good thing about them though is that they normally have camping facilties aswell, so you can make a weekend of it and they tend to be in mountain ranges so the scenery is cool too.

If you decide to come out here send us a line and I'll see if we can guide you in the right direction. Land Rovers are an addiction. Toyotas are for quitters.

WWW.CQLROC.ORG
Post #4959 24th Nov 2008 11:43pm
Richo

United Kingdom 
Cheers mate won't be for a while yet as my boy is only 9 months old .
When hes older where coming over.
Where did you live in the uk?
Tell you what this countrys Censored there knocking vat down to 15% on monday in a vain move to help us out,yer right.
i'd move over there like a shot if the wife would agree. Defenders are like tea bags they let the water flow though.
Post #4987 25th Nov 2008 8:58pm
foz.in.oz

I used to live in Gravesend, Kent. A place full of chavs now I beleive Shocked Shocked

Been in Oz for about 7 yrs. Spent the first 3.5 in Mount Isa. Superb scenery and lots of rugged terrain to play in Very Happy . I have no intentions of moving back to blighty any time soon. I do miss family and friends there though Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad . Land Rovers are an addiction. Toyotas are for quitters.

WWW.CQLROC.ORG
Post #5002 26th Nov 2008 2:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1