↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Defender Celebration Series & Classic Works > Rear speakers heritage
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
nidge n

Rear speakers heritage
So, Christmas Eve and the Heritage was dispatched to my friendly local installer to have his Alpine / focal goodies fitted . This happened to be the second heritage the guys had done this week. Although I had planned rear speakers, on arrival I was told that the wire harness did not extend to the rear. As time was short I had the front speakers and sub done. Whilst it sounds very good, I think that I may still install the two rear speakers. I suspect that the wiring for these would have to go under the roof lining, unless of course my fellow forum members can advise of other options? Thumbs Up
Post #485487 26th Dec 2015 11:06am
steve E

Wales 
I had a Clarion head and front speakers fitted and the sound is as good as any of the factory fitted ones I've had over the years. I didn't want them to mess about taking things apart for the rear speakers.
Although I've just been no help at all, I would also like to know what's involved Thumbs Up

And Happy Boxing Day Nidge.
Post #485493 26th Dec 2015 11:56am
jpj nutt

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 Heritage Edition SW Grasmere Green
speakers in rear the wireing is there you just got to get it out its part of the loom by indicators just fiddley to find them but they are not in roof space did mine 4 inch speakers look tidy. I would put photos up but there never the right way round or up.hope this helps,
Post #487764 2nd Jan 2016 1:25pm
nidge n

That's encouraging thanks for the info. As I'm easily confused , the wiring is not already run behind the rear speaker housing, instead you have to find it in the loom then feed it into position. If that is the case, did you feed it via the roof? Thanks again for the help Thumbs Up
Post #487777 2nd Jan 2016 1:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1