↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Defender Celebration Series & Classic Works > New 110 Adventure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
YOLO110

Australia 
Rustproofing the chassis with dinatrol I suspect? Thumbs Up YOLO... You Only Live Once...
Post #477261 29th Nov 2015 10:01am
treps

@ Lunasa - may I ask when was the original build date you were given by the dealer? And which dealer?
I was given an original build date of 21 Sept. After three 'delay notices' it is now down for week of 21 Dec...
However, seeing the pic, looks like worth the wait!
Post #477312 29th Nov 2015 1:26pm
JOW240725

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Coops, I'd imagine he's having the full Dinitrol treatment to get it protected before it gets dirty!
Post #477314 29th Nov 2015 1:28pm
Holty

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Tonga Green
My orange 110 was built 27/09 but after I wrote to customer relations and called them it miraculously appeared on Wednesday last week,so it's tints on Thursday then to zag on Saturday for full treatment inc arches and windows!
Had it of come any later. I would have put it off till 2016 registration
Post #477333 29th Nov 2015 2:22pm
Lunasa

Ireland 
Hi Coops,

Refer to the Corrosion Prevention Guide elsewhere on this forum. Zagato's definitive guide on Dinitrol is a comprehensive source. Great fella to deal with, worth the spin!!

Treps, I had an estimated delivery date of Oct 23 on my order form. Below is part explanation from my dealer regarding late delivery, although they fumbled around for a further week on receiving the truk. A labourious PCI Confused

Yes we have , seems ( which was unknown by ourselves ) that the Adventurers once built ,go into Special Vehicle Operations to
Be converted from the original specification to the special edition.
So our original build date of 29/9 needed a further 5 weeks for the conversion, so apologies that we didn’t have that information to give you.
However on a positive note , I can see by the system that the car has been loaded to a Transporter ( today )and should be with us
In 5 working days ( landrover’s Delivery schedule ) , with a little luck ,may be with us before the end of the week!!
I will update you Friday
Many Thanks for patience

It was ready on the 18th. Crikey, it was a thrill to see!!
Post #477347 29th Nov 2015 2:57pm
treps

Thanks. I also had a build date of late Sept (25th). Maybe orange takes longer...
As suggested, I just sent an enquiring note to LR Customer Relations. Let us see.
However, having been to visit the production line last week, I now understand the extent of the quality issues they are having. The queue of Defenders having failed quality inspection and waiting to be fixed was massive. It was a great visit nonetheless as many forum members have testified. Highly recommended. Cheers
Post #477374 29th Nov 2015 4:34pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Just noticed this article in the telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/land-rover/defender/

Click image to enlarge

and a cracking old video:

Might disagree with some of his comments but overall a good piece and hits the nail on the head with this:

"Land Rover has starved this vehicle of investment, ignored utility and military contracts and allowed the Defender to stagnate. So, while the PR drips with crocodile tears about the demise of this old war horse, that demise has actually been a foregone conclusion for years.

And judging from the concepts and studies we've seen for its successor, they don't want to replace it with anything as competent or rugged. As one former Land Rover executive told me recently: "All they want to do is replace it with an SUV." And if they do that, where will their credibility be? I've got a sneaky feeling it really is all over now."
Post #477706 30th Nov 2015 5:20pm
YOLO110

Australia 
What part of the UK does that narrative 'accent' come from guys?

I have noticed lots of 30's-50's UK 'period' documentaries have this kind of accent but I have never heard it since! (no wonder really! Laughing ) YOLO... You Only Live Once...
Post #477729 30th Nov 2015 6:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12