↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Site News & Feedback > thanks martin
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Thumbs Up For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #472681 15th Nov 2015 1:15pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Well done Martin Thumbs Up

Also a big Thumbs Up to Defender 2 members for showing support/sympathy etc without resorting to some of the hateful, bad language etc I have seen posted on other sites/social media.

Brendan
Post #472693 15th Nov 2015 3:14pm
walfy

While I agree with the sentiment, I feel this is only going to get worse. And a few like on here of FB or other social media isn't going to do anything.

There is no easy way of getting rid of this culture. It has been proven that bombing them doesn't work. It just creates more hatred of the West. Diplomacy won't work either. What can you offer the suicide bomber? he only wants to be a martyr and have fun with his 72 virgins. I don't think a sit down around the table and offer him a free house and free health care and an oyster card is going to cut it really.
The only thing we have that they want is land under Sharia law.
I have no idea how to eradicate this, apart from turn the whole of the middle east into a glass topped carpark. And if it keeps going like it is, I think France will be getting closer to pushing the big red button than anyone else in modern times 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #472701 15th Nov 2015 4:10pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
I agree with your thoughts.

However the trouble with conjecture and what we can do about the consciousness of these evil Islamic state terrorists is that we try and apply western ideology of what is right and wrong to their system of beliefs. The I.S. mind set, fanaticism and philosophy is so removed from western mind thinking that no parallel can be drawn. The ethos of these people is drawn from hatred and an unshakable belief that what they do is done both in the name and with the blessing of their god. That attitude cannot be destroyed nor can we in the west truly understand it.

My heart goes out to the families of those who were so mercilessly killed on Friday by people who can only be described as evil and without a soul, and what saddens me is that we are powerless to stop such an atrocity happening again, all we can do is be vigilant and hope that our security forces gain intelligence to stop such an event occurring again. However as it is now known that at least two of the terrorist came over recently as migrants through Greece, then I despair because there is a good chance that such people are now living amongst us. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #472702 15th Nov 2015 4:12pm
walfy

I may not be so eloquent with words as your goodself and my plain speaking has got me into trouble lots of times before. But I say what I think. No point in dressing things up.

The trouble with the West is we try and rule the rest of the world and impose our beliefs and standards and morals on all others. What gives us the right to do this? We have this self belief that we are better than everyone else. What makes me better than a bloke living in a mud shack in the hills somewhere in Afghan/Syria/Iraq/Iran/Pakistan, I could go on but you get the idea.

We have the right intention at heart, Peace. But we go about it the wrong way. We can't talk to them and because we don't like their way of life we bomb them.
Saddam was a point in fact. WHilst he was in power there was law and order. Bot to our standards or ideoligy but it was there. Once we toppled the nasty man, law and order went out of the window and it all kicked off, perhaps we should of spent a bit more time talking to him?? Just a thought??? 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #472704 15th Nov 2015 4:19pm
tonyhedge

2014 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Montalcino Red
Well done Martin Thumbs Up That's not a dent, it's a rivet. That's not a dent, it's a rivet. That's not ... oh! That is a dent!

2014 90 XS SW
1997 Discovery 300TdiS (retired to stud)
1966 Series IIA 88" (now my son's)
2001 Astra - I need something to go and buy the parts when the others are off the road!
Post #472706 15th Nov 2015 4:27pm
o4dn

France 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Alaska White
Thumbs Up
Post #472719 15th Nov 2015 5:45pm
BarryT

Wales 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
Thumbs Up

BarryT
Post #472799 15th Nov 2015 8:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12