↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > GAP Diagnostics IID BT Tool
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
joninreading

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Corris Grey
hi all, thanks for the responses - yes, I got this from Pete and the support has been brilliant, Pete has been working with GAP and they

Click image to enlarge

have designed a module for my ISO ABS, unfortunately I was then thrown something of a curveball - woman driving down the middle of the road looking in the opposite direction did this.

So, new chassis time. Mid-Feb delivery from Richards so I'm going to be unable to do any testing for a couple of months minimum. What a pain in the arse.
Post #480934 10th Dec 2015 10:04am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Ouch, that's sad! What did the other car look like afterwards?
Post #480939 10th Dec 2015 10:19am
joninreading

looks okay - she was lucky. she drifted towards me and my wheel hit her a-pillar which is the strongest part of her car. If she'd been a foot more my way she'd have had a land rover in her lap and she wouldn't have walked away from it. And she's trying to say it's my fault.

Click image to enlarge
Post #480943 10th Dec 2015 10:41am
blackwolf

From the perspective of damage to your Defender, that is an exceptionally freak event - almost every predictable outcome would have you with substantially less damage than the car. Very bad luck.

I also suspect that the insurance companies will argue till the cows come home about that, and may end up settling knock-for-knock. Assuming that the parked Honda was there at the time and you were passing it, she'll argue that you were overtaking a parked car in her path. You will naturally argue that there was plenty of room (which clearly there is) and the RTC happened because she was about 4 feet out from the kerb. Morally and in common sense terms, it is clear who is repsonsible. In legal terms less so. Dashcam evidence may help, if you have one.

Good luck with the claim, and the repairs, anyway. You say that you have a new chassis ordered up - is there much chassis damage? It looks from the photo as though there is axle damage (of course) and wing damage, but not much chassis damage. I imagine that the chassis end of the radius arm may well have damaged the chassis though. You did well not to hit the Honda!
Post #480948 10th Dec 2015 10:59am
joninreading

well, the thing is that this is a major road - it's a bus route - I've taken loads of photos demonstrating the width of the road and if she'd been looking where she was going it would have been fine. This happened 50m from my front door - I can't have been going more than 15mph. And unfortunately I didn't avoid the honda - she pushed me into it.

Click image to enlarge

oh, and you may have noticed that the bus is overtaking a parked car in exactly the same place as I did - and they are designated parking bays on a major two-way route.
Post #480959 10th Dec 2015 11:40am
blackwolf

joninreading wrote:
... they are designated parking bays on a major two-way route.

That should help a lot and may well make all the difference. Sorry to hear about the Honda (mainly because you must have damage on the n/s too).

Hopefully it can easily be eastablished that there is always two way traffic past the parked cars. You sensibly have a photo showing the position of her car after the impact, and the impact will, if anything, have moved it further into the kerb than away, and the photo shows it to be absurdly far out across the road.

Good luck, and I hope it has a satisfactory outcome.
Post #480965 10th Dec 2015 12:26pm
Lorryman100

@Pete

Thanks I know, my Puma runs well on this software and every time it had an update new issues arose which disappeared when I reflashed the EMS back to FDB and carried out the pilot correction and pump learn. I may reflash to the current update when I get a chance. Thumbs Up
Post #481027 10th Dec 2015 4:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lorryman100

10AS now available in beta mode:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

IPAC CCF added:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #481663 13th Dec 2015 1:21am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cupboard

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HT Corris Grey
I don't have V2193 available in my list, am I doing something wrong?

Click image to enlarge
Post #487382 31st Dec 2015 9:29pm
PatGAPInnov
Site Sponsor

Canada 
This would be the latest beta firmware. We can grant you access to it if you want, just send us a mail Thumbs Up http://www.gap-diagnostic.com/
Post #489314 6th Jan 2016 8:23pm
sat13

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Hi all,

Received my IID Tool a few weeks ago, just getting used to it. It seems quite straight forward to use.

After my Nanocom grief. (See Nanocom grief post)
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic5148.html page 3 and 4

I was holding my breath when I first plugged it in. I needn’t have worried; it connected straight away to my Nexus 7.

Running the latest beta firmware B2193 provided by Patrick at Gap, which includes the 10AS and key programming.

I tried out the key programming function to add my new all in one key.

Select service test from the home screen.

Click image to enlarge

Then VIM-Immobilizer.

Click image to enlarge

Program key fobs (old type) mine is a 2009 Puma so its old type fob.

Click image to enlarge

Continue through the screens.

Click image to enlarge

It asked for ignition on at this stage.

Click image to enlarge

Then press unlock eight times on each fob. After the eighth press on each fob the horn sounds briefly.

Click image to enlarge

Then four times on each fob, no horn sound for this stage. And continue.

Click image to enlarge

This final screen says learning completed and gives the number of fobs programmed. It said 0 fobs programmed which in my case should have said 3 as I had just just programmed my two original keys plus my new one .

Gap are aware of this and will sort it in future updates. (That's what Beta testing is for)

Click image to enlarge

Then continue back to the home screen.

All in all very good and apart from the slight hiccup at the end of the routine it does the job. Now I have my all in one key/fob working.

Regards to all.
Post #518434 28th Mar 2016 2:55pm
ChrisCM

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Santorini Black
Hi All,

I've read this post with interest, I went to the GAP website and note that the tool is shipped from Canada, can anybody tell me what the final cost is, purchase price, shipping, duty and VAT?
Also, can it be used on more than one vehicle or do you have to purchase a licence for each vehicle? We have a Disco 3 and 2 2.4 Puma Defenders in the Family.

Thanks,

Chris 2010 Defender 110 Station Wagon, Santorini Black.
Post #528779 3rd May 2016 1:20pm
sat13

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
ChrisCM

I got mine a month or so ago from LrDirect. They were the cheapest supplier around at the time. You dont have to buy direct from Gap, there are lots selling on the net. LrDirect seem to usually have the best prices.

It was £389.40 including vat and postage. That was only for one vehicle use, you can add more licenses not sure of the cost, you would have to check with Gap for the prices.

The Pro version will do all vehicles but costs more. You would have to weigh up the cost of extra licenses compared to the Pro version.

Regards.
Post #528826 3rd May 2016 6:20pm
PatGAPInnov
Site Sponsor

Canada 
Hello Everyone

Just to clarify, the following is our licence policy and coverage:

Full diagnostic capabilities (free of charge on any supported vehicles for the IIDTool BT*)
• Fault read / clear (including e-mail export capability)
• Live values (including e-mail export capability, up to 8 live values displayed at once)
• Control outputs
• Service / test functions (this includes service interval reset, oil...)

Advanced programming functions (IIDTool BT: one free VIN, additional licence available at 60 GBP):
• Suspension height modification
• ECU Flash
• Car Configuration File editing
• Component and system calibration (steering angle sensor calibration etc.)
• Advanced functions including backup / restore, save profiles – vehicle system settings and
configurations are read and stored as a backup file for a restore function, various changes
to systems (e.g. suspension height) can be stored and changed quickly

*In other words, depending on your intended usage, you can use the tool on both cars without purchasing an additional licence (advanced programming not needed on one vehicle).

The Pro comes fully unlocked for all supported vehicles.

Cheers, http://www.gap-diagnostic.com/
Post #528844 3rd May 2016 7:27pm
ChrisCM

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Santorini Black
sat13 wrote:
ChrisCM

I got mine a month or so ago from LrDirect. They were the cheapest supplier around at the time. You dont have to buy direct from Gap, there are lots selling on the net. LrDirect seem to usually have the best prices.

It was £389.40 including vat and postage. That was only for one vehicle use, you can add more licenses not sure of the cost, you would have to check with Gap for the prices.

The Pro version will do all vehicles but costs more. You would have to weigh up the cost of extra licenses compared to the Pro version.

Regards.

Thanks Sat13,

from what PatGapInnov has said looks like I would only need to "register" it for the Disco as this has the most functions that can be addressed and the then use the tool for basic fault finding and clearing on the Pumas. I'll look into UK suppliers and LrDirect.

Chris 2010 Defender 110 Station Wagon, Santorini Black.
Post #528875 3rd May 2016 9:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>