Home > For Sale & Wanted > NOW SOLD GLOBAL EXPLORER OFF ROAD TRAILER
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Stickleback

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
NOW SOLD GLOBAL EXPLORER OFF ROAD TRAILER
Big Cry

Following a change of plan, I have for sale a Global Explorer off-road trailer that I bought off TooTall’s mate a few months ago.

In summary, its a Desert Winds chassis and has a Howling Moon tent plus safari awning and sides. The guy I bought it off bought it from TrekOverland in September 2013.

Its a great device and when its erected the overall area is around 4m by 4m, plus the a-frame.

We have just completed a 2 week 1,300 mile trip around North West Scotland, and the trailer tows superbly behind our 110.

Photos are below and the unit basically has:

Mains hook up with two sockets, one in the front compartment for a fridge, and one inside the trailer unit, including cable

A number of 12 volt sockets powered by the in-house leisure battery, I’ve used to power two fixed 12v lights.

An in-built 10 gallon fresh water tank, with external tap to give you running water

New 3-way fridge (bought by me a few weeks ago)

small Thetford portapotty

single ring gas cooker

gas heater

Crockery/cutlery/pots/pans/chopping boards etc

Literally you can hook up and head off!

Despite appearances it is pretty quick and easy to put up/take down - we can put it up in 30 mins and take it down/put away ready to roll in about the same time.

We store it our standard height garage when not in use - i mention this as when I first saw it I did wonder if it would fit!

Now the price: I paid £5k for it in April 2015, and know this was a lot less than the vendor paid Trek in September 2013.

I’ve added some bits such as the fridge, electric hook up cables, 12v lights so I’m looking for £5,000 i.e. what I paid for it.

Happy to answer any questions or provide further pictures and information, just PM me Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by Stickleback on 20th Jul 2015 8:18pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #438806 18th Jul 2015 10:49pm
Dave_S

Sorry - maybe a dumb question - but what berth is that? 2 on the top I guess...?
Post #438812 18th Jul 2015 11:14pm
Stickleback

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Far from a dumb question - I just forgot to mention it!!! Embarassed

The upper bed has a "built in" mattress, with a memory foam layer on top. This part is a comfortable2 berth. In fact I've never slept so comfortably camping Very Happy

Then in the other part of the inner sanctum, you can sleep another 2 but there is no privacy between the upper bunk and those in the lower area. There is a built in groundsheet and the whole area is very warm dry and comfortable.

In the awning part you could probably sleep another 4 BUT there is no built in groundsheet, and there is no protection from wind coming under the trailer for those persons.

So in reality it's a 4 berth but could accommodate many more - probably a total of 4 extra people- sleeping in the awning part - but in the UK they'd need to wrap up well!
Post #438813 18th Jul 2015 11:23pm
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
Looks great. 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #438855 19th Jul 2015 9:48am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1