↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > 110 OEM Expedition Roof Rack
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
NMBRPL8

Australia 
110 OEM Expedition Roof Rack
I am considering purchasing this item as a dealer-fitted accessory on a new vehicle however I have concerns over the capacity of the vehicle to maintain its structural integrity if the accessory is fitted, only ever loaded within prescribed limits, and the vehicle is used on corrugated, non-sealed surfaces.
What reliance can I place on Landrover's warranty, including the body/corrosion warranty, should the roof rack impair the integrity of the vehicle's roof?
Alternatively, and preferably, can you assuage my concerns about the fitting of this accessory?
Post #436889 10th Jul 2015 1:02pm
lohr500

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Its a very good question.
Not directly relevant but we once fitted a Mercedes UK supplied OEM roofrack to a G-Wagon for an extended trip to Iceland.
It was evenly loaded close to the specified weight limit.
After two weeks driving over the corrugated volcanic lava tracks over there, several of the mounting clamps had failed and the roof gutter was showing signs of bending in a number of places.
Had to cram a lot more gear inside the vehicle which didn't go down too well with the rear seat passengers.
Post #436923 10th Jul 2015 2:13pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Hi NMBRPL8

Thank you for your post.

I note your query and can confirm that if you are fitting a genuine Land Rover roof rack to your vehicle, this part will have been rigorously tested to ensure that it meets the required standards. The part in question is a heavy duty rack system and this is secured to the vehicle by clamps on the outer edge of the roof. It is specifically designed to be used with the vehicle and we would advise that it is used within the relative guidelines provided with the accessory.

As stated in the owners manual, the roof capacity of a Defender is 150kg. The payload requires the weight of the expedition rack to be deducted from 150kg. The rack in question weighs 35kg.

Please note, all of our parts are provided with a two year parts warranty to provide peace of mind should any defect occur with the part in question.

Regards

Ryan
Post #436928 10th Jul 2015 2:20pm
familymad

2016 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
Had 3 fitted from new. Each one lasted less than a year before the powder coat comes off. Rubbish quality. The three were replaced under warranty and each new one the started to do the same. Shame as I liked the shape. Bought a patriot instead. 1951 80" S1 2.0
1995 110 300TDI
1995 90 300TDI
Post #437032 11th Jul 2015 9:18am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1