↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > I think a change might be in order....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Higgers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
I think a change might be in order....
Well moved to Germany and low and behold there is a Land Rover dealership outside the front of my office, so naturally the first thing I did was go in and price up a swap.

In a bit of a dillema though, mine is out of warranty so a change would be a good idea. They offered me £17,000 px price for Nov which I thought was pretty good, however the only one I can comfortably afford is a 110 XS DC (made a pact, no more loans!!) which will cost about 2k to swap for a new 60 plate.

The DC makes sense with the dogs, but I'm in two minds about how easy it is to live with.

Anyone got a Trojan back on theirs as long term this could be a solution, but then should I just wait for the Defender replacement to come out, I'm sure mine will still be worth 10k in a few years time but with the new one I will have another 3 years warranty, cheaper road tax and hopefully a vehicle that for an extra 2k outset won't have depreciated as much....

ON the other hand a new D4 HSE fully loaded £35,000. The joys of tax free.....

Anyhow due to drive down to Slovenia tomorrow, I hear there is some pretty special off roading Thumbs Up

Ian
Post #37514 2nd Aug 2010 3:11pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BigRuss

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
£35,000....go away.

I bought a DC 2 years ago and had planned on turning it into an offroad/overlanding vehicle with a trojan back on. I first settled with an Iforwilliams ali back with a mesh gate (which is for sale people). it was alright but unless you shell out for a proper waterproof back the arse end of the DC would not be good for anything other than the dog because it's a pain to keep water out. Also you should really cover the back to stop the dogs from damaging the paint work and the truck from damaging them.

I am now however waiting to pick up my new 60 plate 110 XS USW.

So in summary the DC only lasted 2 years in favour of the USW with a waterproof arse end (ish).

Russell
Post #37529 2nd Aug 2010 6:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
double cab happy

England 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Java Black
trojan are around £1400 unpainted Shocked so i made my own, and no i'm not from yorkshire, still trying to waterproof the join, but i believe trojan or camelback? garentee a waterproof seal if they fit, not sure how much they would charge/how easy that would be for you.
Post #37601 4th Aug 2010 7:14am
BigRuss

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Rolling with laughter are you sure.....

They are a lot of money and thats before you think about side locker and then what your gonna do in the inside.

Have you thought about just having a lower spec 110 SW over the XC DC????
Post #37617 4th Aug 2010 12:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1