↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Heritage Celebration Edition - Australia vs England...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Print this entire topic · 
steve E

Wales 
Hi Walfy
I think everyone that's ordered one feels like passing on it right now.
A simple thing like Aircon when there fitting it to the same vehicle going to another country seems nuts.
Post #418054 21st Apr 2015 9:48pm
walfy

WHich is a shame. LR had the opportunity to make something special happen, but have certainly missed the boat and are treating the UK market like the poor cousins.
Surely ltd editions were supposed to be fully loaded not lower than poverty spec cars Shocked 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #418056 21st Apr 2015 9:52pm
steve E

Wales 
It's the small details like an Aircon grill with no Aircon that's annoying me.
If they put a standard grill on the Heritage with no Aircon I would be more than happy.
The fact that they can't be bothered to fit the right grill means they don't really care so why should I.
I've already stopped myself buying a new Discovery this week because I need this sorted first.
Shame on them.
Post #418059 21st Apr 2015 9:57pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
Laugh or Cry...
walfy wrote:
So glad that I'm poor enough to not consider paying over the odds for a brand new ltd edition Defender that won't come with aircon or a radio or even the option of adding it. Rolling with laughter

I'm not exactly rolling in it either Walfy... Rolling Eyes

I just looked at the Heritage as being, probably, my last chance to own a nice new motor that was to be just a little bit different and special... Thumbs Up

However, I am afraid the enjoyment has diminished to a point where I am unsure I could get as excited as I should be when making such a huge (for me) purchase... Exclamation

Even if JLR was to astonish us all, which I seriously doubt, by changing their policy on AirCon and Radio, I am not at all sure any of those important emotions will be recoverable... Embarassed
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #418064 21st Apr 2015 10:09pm
apt100

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
This reminds me of the situation with the Discovery Sport launch (a couple of threads running over on the Freel2 forum). UK gets 7 seater version only, which means no flat load space, no room for a spare and implications for tow bars etc (can't remember the full story on that). RoW gets choice of 5 or 7 seats and different transmission/drivetrain versions.

I guess JLR don't really care that much about the UK market. Take it or leave it.....
Post #418066 21st Apr 2015 10:17pm
Birdy

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
“I think everyone that's ordered one feels like passing on it right now”

I placed my five hundred quid deposit in October 2013… and HAVE “passed it on right now”. Brand new ltd edition Defender that won't come with aircon or a radio or even the option of adding it? Not worth the money, not worth the hype.

Peter
Post #418072 21st Apr 2015 10:41pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
G'Day Rog, & others.
Yes, I can see why you guys would be unhappy. Even in cooler temps like the UK, I'm sure that A/C would be appreciated for demisting, clearing the air etc. I'm sure that there would be many buyers who like "everything" on their vehicles, especially those paying a bit more for a special edition. It's a shame really, because the Heritage is a really nice vehicle, they got a lot of things right,...they just needed to go that little bit further.
I'm glad that I don't have to make "The decision", & I ain't gonna try to influence others!
However, I have said all along, that an individually specced Defender, built with the options YOU want, and what will be one of the last, has a lot going for it,....and at the moment I presume all options are still available?
I like the Heritage colour, but I do not prefer it over Keswick, which I think is simply perfect for the Defender, particularly the 90. Keswick is not that popular in Aus, so you don't see that many in this colour, but of the many who talk to us about Gracie, one of the first things they want to talk about is the colour. I'm not too keen on a body coloured roof, makes the vehicle a bit too "solid" for my liking, so a cream roof, or an Indus roof (not that I'm biased) may be the way to go, and does make YOUR vehicle that little bit more "unique".
Good luck with your decisions, Pickles.
Post #418080 21st Apr 2015 11:28pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
^ ^ ^
We hear you Martin... Thumbs Up

At least I do, loud and clear... Mr. Green

Thank you for your considered and unbiased ( Question ) opinion on all things Heritage Keswick... Bow down

You cannot know how fried my brain is even contemplating those very same decisions... Exclamation

I am sure it will sort itself out one way or the other... Whistle

Or not... Rolling Eyes
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #418168 22nd Apr 2015 2:21pm
forest172

2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Santorini Black
A/c on the heritage isn't happening. I've had a reply and they've point blank said no options
Post #419536 27th Apr 2015 7:03pm
nidge n

I have to agree with many of the sentiment shared here. Land Rover is no longer the company I grew up with. I have had the pleasure of working with the company for many years and they were just good people to do business with. Sadly, the generation of engineers that I formed working relationships with have now all departed, taking the Land Rover defender/series/original Range Rover enthusiasm with them. The defender is the last of this ethos and when it goes the final personality transplant will be complete. Land Rover is now a volume producing company. It has to be, times have changed and economic survival demands as much. We, as defender enthusiasts, are perhaps a dying bread also? My 110 went in for its oil pump change last week. I was provided with a very nice discovery sport HSE as a replacement car. After a few days driving it, I couldn't but admire it as a automotive product. But it's soulless, no personality, just another car to be benchmarked against others in it sector. So, frankly I a taking my heritage. Yes I want air conditioning. but more so, I want something that represents times gone by. The heritage is not perfect, but no real Land Rover ever was. Good luck to all making their decisions. Thumbs Up
Post #420093 30th Apr 2015 8:28am
steve E

Wales 
Hi Nidge

I'm having mine as well.

I'm sure I'll like it once it arrives.
Post #420097 30th Apr 2015 8:43am
Vintagepaul

2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
Me too,

I really liked it when I ordered it, I really like it now and I am sure I will really like it when it turns up!

Roll on September Laughing
Post #420103 30th Apr 2015 9:21am
Venomator

United Kingdom 
steve E wrote:
Hi Nidge

I'm having mine as well.

I'm sure I'll like it once it arrives.
Not me, apparently... Mr. Green

It seems the Executive Office have already decided to terminate my order for me... Whistle
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

Last edited by Venomator on 30th Apr 2015 11:01am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #420123 30th Apr 2015 10:24am
steve E

Wales 
Bloody hell Rog

Whats happened now mate?
Post #420125 30th Apr 2015 10:39am
Venomator

United Kingdom 
^ ^ ^
You got mail Steve... Mr. Green  Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

Post #420130 30th Apr 2015 11:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>