↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > 130 > The ongoing story of the Stornoway Grey 130
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Projectblue

England 
The ongoing story of the Stornoway Grey 130
The story so far - Andrew S's grey truck that he did some lovely upgrades to & got married in became FCX Outfitters demo vehicle, got a sexy interior and lots of extras, before coming into my lazy ass ownership Laughing

Since getting it I have done absolutely Censored all to it, apart from fix one or two jobs that Matt hadn't been able to sort in time. And I mean, one or two. I haven't got round to numbers 3 & 4 yet - in fact I have forgotten what they are Laughing

Anyway, until now. Because this weekend I have refreshed the front end in line with the direction I want to take the truck. Although I will do some greenlining, the offroad bumper and winch wasn't what I wanted (I had exactly this bumper on my 90 and it looked and did everything I needed it to) because I want a certain 'look' whilst retaining function.

So as a reminder this is what it looked like when I took ownership off FCX (ignore the fact it was smart and clean & polished - I live next to a building site, everything is covered in dust, 130 inc)

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

And this is what it looks like now. I've added an FCX 'Bentley type' mesh grille (thanks Matt) and KBX headlight surrounds plus a Terrafirma winch bumper & Warn Tabor 12k winch to replace the Warn 9.5ti. I need to fill the holes in the aircon cowl and I'm putting new dyneema rope and an alli hawse on in place of the steel & roller fairlead....

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I have some more changes planned which I will let you know about when they get done Thumbs Up New project and it's green: www.projectoverland.info
Post #415859 12th Apr 2015 10:48pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Looks a lot neater Thumbs Up Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #415860 12th Apr 2015 11:32pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
That looks fantastic, I'm glad it's gone to a good home.

The original front end was very much function over form as AndrewS used the 130 as a mobile 'crane' lowering stuff down manholes etc.

Looking forward to you making it yours Thumbs Up
Post #415880 13th Apr 2015 7:05am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndrewS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red
Thumbs Up 130's have feeling's as well you know Smile
Post #415924 13th Apr 2015 11:15am
TJ101

Isle Of Man 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
So "suits" you Dave Very Happy California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Main Brian James Trailer Dealer for South West UK
Post #415929 13th Apr 2015 11:32am
Projectblue

England 
Thanks people. This what I love about Defenders, people have their own requirements and fit them out - but it doesn't take much to change them to your own taste.

And as for suits you Tim, this coming from a man that owns a 911 in a colour that is camper than Graham Norton at a Benedick Cumberbatch look a like competition..... Whistle Laughing New project and it's green: www.projectoverland.info
Post #415975 13th Apr 2015 5:42pm
PCA42

England 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Tonga Green
Looks great! Thumbs Up If it were me I'd add a Series type LR badge onto that grille as per the Heritage Edition just to finish it off Whistle Pete

2010 Discovery 4 GS TDV6
1972 Series III 88" 2.25P
Post #416056 13th Apr 2015 11:05pm
Projectblue

England 
Thanks for the pointer Pete, I think that's an idea worth exploring Thumbs Up New project and it's green: www.projectoverland.info
Post #416077 14th Apr 2015 7:15am
TJ101

Isle Of Man 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Projectblue wrote:
And as for suits you Tim, this coming from a man that owns a 911 in a colour that is camper than Graham Norton at a Benedick Cumberbatch look a like competition....

You've been out the loop too long Dave,, Cool
GT Silver is only a few shades lighter than your 130 !! so you should stand a good chance at that competition then Rolling with laughter California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Main Brian James Trailer Dealer for South West UK
Post #416079 14th Apr 2015 7:20am
Projectblue

England 
Laughing Thumbs Up New project and it's green: www.projectoverland.info
Post #416251 14th Apr 2015 8:11pm
130 Greenie

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Blenheim Silver
Has any one gone through what we have with our trusty 130 Puma 2.4 2010 love the 130 but for the exhaust manifold bolts stripping the threads in the block,bottom bracket that holds the Cat to the gear box shears off. leaving the Cat waving about on the Turbo. Exhaust gases in Cab not good.I was driving to Scotland & had to weld up my exhaust pipe bracket @ the side of the road. Managed to get to my digs for the night,in the morning call customer care they sent out the AA to do a repair until I got home to my dealers Embarassed Embarassed Repaired under warranty for the last three years, Two new heads,two new turbo,two new Cats,two new bracket,two new Erg valves,replacement oil pipes. The exhaust gases coming into my cab, have been driving around with my windows open. December 22/12/14 it has gone again,I'm worried now is this under warranty.I was told by the dealers to bring it in for repair 23/2/2015. They had loaned me a Landy90 new welst mine in for repair.Two months has gone by not realising that there was a despute between Land rover & the Dealer Cars of Truro in Cornwall. I had to go over to see them to pay for the repairs of the sum of £5346.00 surely this should of been under warranty. If we has known about this problem two months ago I could of paid for it got back to work & delt with this through Trading Standards,also Vosa with the exhaust,Carrs of Truro have rebuild the top have of my engine,only to find the clutch have gone,Also No oil in my engine sent out from the work shop,als had a bill £165.78 for repairing door lock on driver side . One picking up my car no door lock but you have charged me for it. I have had Land rovers for 25 yrs never had this before. Is this the new company TaTa or is this the norm ??? Very Censored off Customer. Mad [/code][/b]
Post #422105 8th May 2015 8:29pm
Projectblue

England 
Wow, night mare there. Not sure you posted it in the right place though Confused

For what it's worth, this truck has been faultless in my possession and, I believe the previous owners - you can also find the first owners thread somewhere which might detail any warranty issues.

Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to have to go and make a small sacrifice to fate...... Laughing New project and it's green: www.projectoverland.info
Post #422107 8th May 2015 8:36pm
Projectblue

England 
So next up is a seat swap, from standard half leather XS to set of all leather premium in black & grey. Ok, the colour scheme doesn't work, but they are comfy as. Give slightly more room behind the wheel and support more in the shoulders. I am so pleased with them - even on a short test drive after fitting.

Click image to enlarge
 New project and it's green: www.projectoverland.info
Post #424072 16th May 2015 8:30pm
Projectblue

England 
The as new XS ones are for sale - see the FS/Wanted section Whistle Thumbs Up New project and it's green: www.projectoverland.info
Post #424074 16th May 2015 8:38pm
AndrewS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red
Nice Seats Razz

What has happened to the B pillar trim? 130's have feeling's as well you know Smile
Post #424100 17th May 2015 3:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>