This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 7 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
nitram17 wrote:
Are you getting at me k9?

Click image to enlarge

If the cap fits.... Cool If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #459338 30th Sep 2015 7:17pm
nitram17

I used to think you were such a canny fellaa K9 Dog ......how wrong i was !
Post #459346 30th Sep 2015 7:36pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
nitram17 wrote:
nakatanenga wrote:
OMG!

The pictures show a thin sheet metal prototype! The mass production will be 3mm stainless with a collar around the lock.

Wheels are kind a "deep dish" so it is not that easy to grab the lock etc

Be homest now Peter !was the collar in the original desigh?i will believe you! honest! Whistle

i had a long talk with Peter today and amongst other topics we discussed was what variation of the prototype spare wheel lock to go with.n Surprisingly there is more then one prototype! We also discussed progress on the build of another product which started last week.

Later today our new 110 was used as a template. That new product just needs some final trimming before going into final production. Discussions were had on 3 new ideas, one I think is a non starter the other two are now on the way to possible manufacturers.

That is all on top of a normal days work.

I do know who's word I am prepared to accept.

Brendan
Post #459406 30th Sep 2015 10:21pm
nitram17

Lot of words Brendan but you actually dont say anything!Talk about opaque! ..peter said Omg .....the final version will have a collar..... sic ..implying that it was always going to have a collar......Why post pictures of prototype with no mention of different versions and say only weeks away from production......i dont know the reason for your waffle unless its to protect intellectual rights or something .....i remember a similar obdurate waffle when peter was forced to make alterations to his wheel carrier it was like pulling teeth to get you to tell us what he actually changed!

I am a simple Nothumbrian and rail agaist flim flammery so i will stat what i think happened and will say no more on the subject as i dont want a slanging match....I belive that peter posted his best prototype without a collar and got some ideas from the feedback he got(nothing wrong with that) and changed his final version but for some reason does not want to share or acknowledge any outside input ..its either an ego or business thing !

I suggest brendan to clear this up you could show us a pic of the prototype on your 110 with the collar in situ( or get peterto send you a photo) either tonight or tomorrow if not i know which version of events i believe !and beware i have set my waffle detector to stun! Laughing
Post #459424 30th Sep 2015 11:27pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
I also am aware of someone who spreads unfounded rumours on the internet.

I am also aware of someone who will readily publish ways of overcoming security devices whilst refusing to discuss what they fit to their own vehicles/how they modify things etc.

Somehow I feel this product will be too rich for their pockets so they might as well go back to watching the tumbleweed blow by.

Hopefully they will watch it go by in silence, which somehow I doubt.

NO I did not take photographs of the prototype fitting today. Why? IF I did people would start asking prices, when, which is a few weeks away etc etc.

Peter made three mistakes. He should not have put that photo up and secondly it was the wrong photo! Third mistake/error is that Peter is not a native English speaker and sometimes does not express himself as clearly as native English speakers. He also has a wry sense of humour as well. Now this sometimes leads to confusion/misunderstandings between us , sometimes they can be funny, sometimes it can be inconveinient. Unfortunately I am having to make a 90 mile round trip tomorrow to resolve a little issue. Why? Peter got the tense wrong in one phrase

When we have introduced new items to the UK we have had people from other companies on our stands taking multiple photographs of a new item. One even went away and come back with a tape measure to take measurements. Those are the people I am aware of. Why so many photographs?

My advice to Peter is NOT to publish ANY photographs until we have production ones on our shelves. We sometimes sell off the preproduction items at a reduced cost, somehow I think I be suggesting the scrap bin on this occasion.

Now if you do not like what I have written, tough! I suggest you put your internet warrior keyboard away.
Post #459427 1st Oct 2015 12:24am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Wow!

I am amazed by the ding-dong nature of this thread.

Surely we should be supporting the people who innovate and create nice new products for us to drool over? They may not be to everyone's price range or taste but they're keeping the Defender movement alive.

I say (even though I just bought a spare wheel lock) well done Peter and Brendan, I look forward to seeing the end result when it's ready to go to market.

In the words of the late great Michael Winner..."Calm down dear, it's just a commercial!" 2016 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB Petrol
Post #459436 1st Oct 2015 6:56am
nitram17

leeds wrote:
I also am aware of someone who spreads unfounded rumours on the internet.

I am also aware of someone who will readily publish ways of overcoming security devices whilst refusing to discuss what they fit to their own vehicles/how they modify things etc.

Somehow I feel this product will be too rich for their pockets so they might as well go back to watching the tumbleweed blow by.

NO I did not take photographs of the prototype fitting today. Why? IF I did people would start asking prices, when, which is a few weeks away etc etc.

Peter made three mistakes. He should not have put that photo up and secondly it was the wrong photo! Third mistake/error is that Peter is not a native English speaker and sometimes does not express himself as clearly as native English speakers. He also has a wry sense of humour as well. Now this sometimes leads to confusion/misunderstandings between us , sometimes they can be funny, sometimes it can be inconveinient. Unfortunately I am having to make a 90 mile round trip tomorrow to resolve a little issue. Why? Peter got the tense wrong in one phrase

When we have introduced new items to the UK we have had people from other companies on our stands taking multiple photographs of a new item. One even went away and come back with a tape measure to take measurements. Those are the people I am aware of. Why so many photographs?

My advice to Peter is NOT to publish ANY photographs until we have production ones on our shelves. We sometimes sell off the preproduction items at a reduced cost, somehow I think I be suggesting the scrap bin on this occasion.

Now if you do not like what I have written, tough! I suggest you put your internet warrior keyboard away.

sorry brendan but what the hell are you on about?"I also am aware of someone who spreads unfounded rumours on the internet"....." I suggest you put your internet warrior keyboard away"you style of writing is waffle personified...people will see through the obvious piffle...............do what the hell you like and rewrite history to your own version of events ..but dont take people as fools.........
Post #459441 1st Oct 2015 7:27am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
nitram17 wrote:
but for some reason does not want to share or acknowledge any outside input ..its either an ego or business thing !

I for the life of me cannot really see what all this is about? Is it perhaps you yourself may be in dire need of some form of praise or recognition perhaps for the mentioning of the collar? If so 'Well Done!' If not please get to the point and then we can move on from your insults being thrown at site sponsors.

Nice post....... Thumbs Up

RRUK wrote:
Surely we should be supporting the people who innovate and create nice new products for us to drool over? They may not be to everyone's price range or taste but they're keeping the Defender movement alive. In the words of the late great Michael Winner..."Calm down dear, it's just a commercial!"
 If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #459448 1st Oct 2015 8:07am
nitram17

HI K9 i dont like this tit for tat stuff but i will respond to you because of your erronious post ......firstly I tend never to be rude unless others are rude first and then the shackles are off! a case in point :leeds" In my opinion it is stupid to spread information on how to overcome any security device". by inference i am stupid! thanks brendan! PLUS...

[i]I also am aware of someone who spreads unfounded rumours on the internet.
who?

I am also aware of someone who will readily publish ways of overcoming security devices whilst refusing to discuss what they fit to their own vehicles/how they modify things etc.who?

Somehow I feel this product will be too rich for their pockets so they might as well go back to watching the tumbleweed blow by. pompous, rude and downright elitist!I really dont like that statement and anyone who would make it!

Now if you do not like what I have written, tough! I suggest you put your internet warrior keyboard away!

NO I did not take photographs of the prototype fitting today. Why? IF I did people would start asking prices, when, which is a few weeks away etc etc. note gilarian [/i]

all the above are annoying and most are rude!

I simply looked at a page on a defender forum then looked up puck lock as i didnt know what it was and it looked good for another security idea i had.. then i noticed a obvious flaw and posted the video than Brendan got on his high horse resulting in a discussion(sorry exchange of views)and you than felt the need to interject your two penneth!

When you join sites like this as a newbee you usually see a gang mentality amongst some of the old timers i thought this site was different but alas no!

I dont care about credit for mentioning the collar as you said that if any was deserved it goes to blackwolf......but i thought peter would acknowledge this site as a source of information and its contribution if any to the final version..like any reasonible person would but no ..perhaps there was no contribution!but given brendans meandering musings(please try to read them and make your own mind up) i doubt that!

if i am being brutally honest having been on here a year i have to say that brendan is the king of the tit for tat and behaves prickily to any critique of his posts or products!I suppose this is the point where gang members may respond to this to come to his defence .........all i ask is that you look at some of his more robust posts and make up your own mind!

Last edited by nitram17 on 1st Oct 2015 7:03pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #459627 1st Oct 2015 6:57pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
nitram17 wrote:

sorry brendan but what the hell are you on about?"I also am aware of someone who spreads unfounded rumours on the internet"....." I suggest you put your internet warrior keyboard away"you style of writing is waffle personified...people will see through the obvious piffle...............do what the hell you like and rewrite history to your own version of events ..but dont take people as fools.........

You seem very angry in quite a lot of your posts. If you don't like or think this item is good enough you don't have to buy it so why not just ignore this thread? It just seems like your trying to start a fight on what is a very friendly forum! Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #459629 1st Oct 2015 6:58pm
nitram17

No nothing is further from the truth!I respond in kind!you have been a member a long time mk!have you missed some of brendans more aggresive sorry robust posts in the past? i can dig some up if you want!can you read the op from the beginning!! Iam starting to feel like i have wandered into a gang zone and i am wearing the wrong colour bandana
Post #459635 1st Oct 2015 7:18pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Laughing Time out gents.

Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #459646 1st Oct 2015 7:56pm
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
I would have thought any security is better than no security so started reading this thread as a soon to be Defender owner and thought. Ooh that looks a good idea...

Well smoke me a kipper. 15 mins of reading later and it's almost pistols at dawn Smile get aa grip everyone....

It's only a BL...dy lock !!

If it looks OK and is black when produced at a sensible price I would be interested.

Thanks for going to the effort of producing something to help others.
Post #459653 1st Oct 2015 8:13pm
nitram17

What would you consider a sensible price then stacey007?
Post #459662 1st Oct 2015 8:38pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Post #459667 1st Oct 2015 8:42pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 7 of 9 <123456789>