↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Defender Celebration Series & Classic Works > Come September...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Venomator

United Kingdom 
^ ^ ^
There's a couple of suppliers on e-bay Catherine - mine is from Harwoods... Thumbs Up
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #404255 3rd Mar 2015 9:58pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
90mojo wrote:
Hi Venomator,
I collect my Keswick green CSW on Friday. I'm thrilled and really looking forward to it. My choice and very happy. That said, if I had a Heritage order confirmed I would not let it go. Reckon you'll be very happy with yours when you take delivery. Keep the faith that man!! Thumbs Up
Thanks Mojo... Thumbs Up

Although the faith is waning... Whistle

You have taken delivery of an SW, congratulations... Bow down

But would you really swap that for a Heritage HT... Question
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

MY2016 Urban Truck Build Thread - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic40548....al[/color]
Post #404266 3rd Mar 2015 10:18pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
I had a good look at the Heritage Edition at Lode Lane today Venomator ...
Post #404269 3rd Mar 2015 10:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Venomator

United Kingdom 
And... Evil or Very Mad

Matt, you cannot leave it there... Rolling with laughter

Assume it was an SW though... Question
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

Post #404272 3rd Mar 2015 10:25pm
Vintagepaul

2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
Hi Roger,

Keep the faith, I think you are only going to get one chance at a heritage whereas there will always be a good number of late Keswick green defenders if you eventually decide to go that way. Besides, you have bought the keyring now....

Go beyond, what did you think of the heritage?

Paul
Post #404274 3rd Mar 2015 10:29pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Yes it was a SW.

Loved it !

Some nice touches with the gear levers, internal door handles, seat fabric, cast 4wd instructions and externally I loved the colour coded wheels and retro mud flaps.
Post #404277 3rd Mar 2015 10:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Venomator

United Kingdom 
Vintagepaul wrote:
Hi Roger,

Keep the faith, I think you are only going to get one chance at a heritage whereas there will always be a good number of late Keswick green defenders if you eventually decide to go that way. Besides, you have bought the keyring now....

Go beyond, what did you think of the heritage?

Paul
I totally agree Paul and would not be losing the faith at all if my dosh was down on an SW, rather than HT... Embarassed

Go Beyond wrote:
Some nice touches with the gear levers, internal door handles, seat fabric, cast 4wd instructions and externally I loved the colour coded wheels and retro mud flaps.
All the things and, especially, the outward colour that float my boat too Matt... Thumbs Up

Just struggling with the HT bit... Rolling Eyes
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

Post #404280 3rd Mar 2015 10:41pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
What are your reservations over the HT ?
Post #404285 3rd Mar 2015 10:44pm
stingray

Wales 
I too have been thinking for ages about getting a Keswick Green 110 SW, basic model, white roof, heavy duty wheels, and a couple of goodies, but was tempted by the availability of a 110 heritage, which is now on order. Really looking forward to it, but at the same time wondering if I should have stuck with the original plan and saved a few grand in the process.

I said to myself that I would not buy a Defender unless it was Keswick Green, and now I have let myself down!

Help!

Ray
Post #404290 3rd Mar 2015 10:56pm
Venomator

United Kingdom 
Go Beyond wrote:
What are your reservations over the HT ?
Empty noisy space and a mahoosive bulkhead... Whistle

I know these things can be sorted, noise insulation and carpet and stuff, and even bulkhead removal, but sort of defeats the object of the Heritage, which in my view should remain faithful to the creed and untouched/original throughout its life... Rolling Eyes
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

Post #404295 3rd Mar 2015 11:05pm
Vintagepaul

2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
Roger,

Is it worth starting a new thread 'anyone want to swap a heritage 90HT order for a heritage 90SW order'

I know it's a long shot but if I had been allocated a 90SW rather than the 90HT that was my first choice I would have jumped at the chance to change.

Paul
Post #404301 3rd Mar 2015 11:14pm
SS90

United Kingdom 
Reading between the lines I think you have your heart set on a SW. I think if I was in your position and really wanted a SW and couldn't get a Heritage SW I'd go with a Keswick SW to your spec. Least that way you can have what options you want.
Post #404302 3rd Mar 2015 11:17pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Ray, the Heritage green is awesome, equally as good as Keswick, you won't be disappointed

Roger, the CSW only has the two seats and a little bit of trim (in grey when the door cards are black) and that's it, it'll be just as noisy as a hardtop .... Rolling Eyes
Post #404304 3rd Mar 2015 11:20pm
nidge n

steve E wrote:
Hi Nidge
I'm defo keeping the 110 xs
once you sell it you wont get a replacement your happy with.
I'm really going to have to love the Heritage before parting with the other.

Steve, the 110 is staying no matter what. That said, I am looking forward to the heritage. I think it will stand out and it's so different to the sx. I always wanted a 90 to go with my 110. The only issue I faced was that internally a sx 90 would be the same as a 110. When the heritage came along, that was just perfect for me.

The colour? Some of the photographs don't do it justice. I think it will look great in the flesh.

Rog, keep your heritage. If you don't need four seats you have a great car there.
Post #404347 4th Mar 2015 8:57am
Venomator

United Kingdom 
Go Beyond wrote:
Ray, the Heritage green is awesome, equally as good as Keswick, you won't be disappointed

Roger, the CSW only has the two seats and a little bit of trim (in grey when the door cards are black) and that's it, it'll be just as noisy as a hardtop .... Rolling Eyes
I had assumed the SW would have carpet throughout the rear and trim to the side panels, outside of the window spaces of course, whereas the HT will be bare metal throughout... Whistle

Good to hear your views on the colour, although this is entirely subjective... Mr. Green

It is also the complete lack of options that bemuses me - especially when owning a Landy is all about making it unique, yours, a one off, which can all be done without removing the essence of the Heritage (which on its own will not be unique - being one of 400 or so!)... Rolling Eyes
 Rog... Mr. Green
The GREEN One...

Post #404353 4th Mar 2015 9:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>