↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > quick question.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
aj_slr

Australia 2002 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Auto Tonga Green
quick question.
Dose your TD5 with 380 make a noise up through the gear stick at 80KPH in 4th. I seems its a vibration in the long gear stick. If I hold the stick to the left it stops. Whats that all about ???????
Post #34921 23rd Jun 2010 8:17am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
COuld be all sorts of things....

UJ on its way out in one of the proshafts. loose prop bolts, gearbox mounting rubber failing, possibly a bearing inside the gearbox on its way out.

Or it might just be the gearstick itself loose! i think there's a nylon bush thing that the bottom of the gearstick sits in. this could be loose/broken.
Post #34923 23rd Jun 2010 9:28am
aj_slr

Australia 2002 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Auto Tonga Green
To me it feels like the gear shift lever. The gear box is quiet at all speeds and engine revs. The noise starts at 80 KPM in 4th and just little in third. There is no vibration from the box. If I hold the gear lever tight the noise seems to stop. The gear oil was changed 400km ago and there was no metal on the magnet plug. The oil was also very clean.
I was tinking it may be the location return spring on the gear lever at top of the box. Do others have the noise.
Post #34925 23rd Jun 2010 10:59am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1