↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > In search of a re-map
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
holmessato

2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
In search of a re-map
Now my clutch is sorted, I can turn my attention to other imperfections.

I got the 'low power' recall remap to the ECU while the clutch was being fixed. Not sure if its my imagination, but the remap seems to exagerate the delay in accelorator responce and more worryingly, seems to have introduced a slight stumble at 1800 revs when gently accelorating under light load. Anyone else noticed this with the recall remap?

Anyway, I dont mind spending a it more money to get the accelorator responce sorted. What are the remap options? I dont realy need more power, I am more interested in quick responce to throttle inputs and getting rid of the stumble. Also, being able to switch back to the standard mapping before a service appeals.

What are the options and what are your experiences of the variety of re-maps or piggy back solutions on offer?
Post #33370 31st May 2010 11:54pm
fekete

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Bonatti Grey
Pete at BAS is good and you get the help and backup you need... the map will eliminate the bad throttle response and makes the truck more drivable.....he gets my vote Thumbs Up Also a site sponsor NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #33371 1st Jun 2010 12:08am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Search using 'remap' reveals 86 possibilities here are a few.....Drove Fekete's truck this weekend and there is not much if any of a difference between BAS (Fekete's) and Autologic (my) remaps. For convenience and back up service I would say go with BAS as Autologic hasn't even had the decency to reply to an e-mail query I sent them week before last, whereas Pete from BAS would have undoubtedly done all to assist....

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic397.html?highlight=remap

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic3243.html?highlight=remap

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic1212.html?highlight=remap

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic1829.html?highlight=remap If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #33374 1st Jun 2010 8:20am
holmessato

Thanks for the replies. I will probably go for the BAS remap since I like the idea of switching back to the stock code as and when required. Not sure if its £499 or £649 though, BAS posting on this forum states the lower price but the web site quotes the higher price! I will give them a call.

Back to my current tune though, the recall countermeasure for the 'low power' concern. Anybody else had any negative experience with this? As mentioned, I seem to have issues now that I didn't have before the recall action. I assume they do a checksum after re flashing, but it feels as if there could be some corrupted data in the new map. Either that or they didn't do enough testing before releasing the remap.
Post #33432 1st Jun 2010 8:55pm
Robofarmer

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Re: In search of a re-map
[quote="holmessato"]Now my clutch is sorted, I can turn my attention to other imperfections.

I got the 'low power' recall remap to the ECU while the clutch was being fixed. Not sure if its my imagination, but the remap seems to exagerate the delay in accelorator responce and more worryingly, seems to have introduced a slight stumble at 1800 revs when gently accelorating under light load. Anyone else noticed this with the recall remap?

Anyway, I dont mind spending a it more money to get the accelorator responce sorted. What are the remap options? I dont realy need more power, I am more interested in quick responce to throttle inputs and getting rid of the stumble. Also, being able to switch back to the standard mapping before a service appeals.

BAS!!!!!! pete will sort this for you . It seems to be a never ending job for pete sorting out LANDROVERS f,ups for his customers. Imagine driving these landrovers with puma engines only supported by LR and no pete at bas !!!! .
Thanks pete Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 2008 110 County utility
ex 1988 defender 90 ,td
ex 1970 series III
Post #33468 2nd Jun 2010 8:59am
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Don't forget our sponsor Alive Tuning - they do some lovely TDCi upgrade bits Very Happy
Post #33471 2nd Jun 2010 9:48am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mrwoo

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Epsom Green
I had a 2007 90 with BAS remap for 3 years that was absolutely awesome. I then bought a new 2010 USW that had a throttle surge at around the 1800 revs as mentioned, please bear in mind that this is a new land rover on their standard software. The answer from Land Rover was that this is normal and I already had the latest software. To save my own sanity Whistle , Pete at BAS sorted me out with with a MAP that irons out the surges. This was my preferred approach as you will be knocking your head against the wall for weeks, months and still not get anywhere Banging Head .

DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND BUY A BAS REMAP, this is what should be on them as standard. Bow down 1964 Series IIA SWB Truck Cab - gone
1981 Series III SWB Hardtop - gone
1982 Series III SWB Hardtop - gone
1997 300Tdi Defender 90 Hardtop - gone
1983 Series III SWB Station Wagon - gone
1979 Series III SWB Station Wagon - gone
2007 90 CSW - gone
2010 USW XS - gone
2010 110 USW - gone

1959 Series II Truck Cab
1984 Series III CSW
2004 TD5 90 CSW
Post #33487 2nd Jun 2010 12:12pm
holmessato

Well, I talked to Pete at BAS yesterday, what a helpful guy! Totally straight about what he could and couldn't do, his clarity and professionalism was really refreshing. So, I ordered the kit, it arrived today and I have e-mailed my standard dat file back. I look forward to receiving the re-map back soon and will report back on the results.

Sounds like mrwoo has had similar issues with the latest map release from Landrover and has had great results from a BAS remap, so I look forward to similarly great results!
Post #33739 4th Jun 2010 10:01pm
fekete

Its happy days all the way now....I can't stop flooring mine Thumbs Up NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #33740 4th Jun 2010 10:11pm
K9F

fekete wrote:
Its happy days all the way now....I can't stop flooring mine Thumbs Up

'Bout bl00dy time you were a tad ssllllowwww! Yawn! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #33752 5th Jun 2010 8:56am
fekete

Mal i'm not slow it's you, you drive too fast Whistle i never thought a defender could handle and go so fast till i was behind you Bow down Bow down NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #33754 5th Jun 2010 9:19am
K9F

But Karlos, we 'shouldn't be spending our money on remaps but spending it on travelling far and wide' according to someone else' nobody said we couldn't do our 'far and wide' travelling in our remapped Defenders in the shortest time possible!
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #33759 5th Jun 2010 10:12am
fekete

K9 I never listen to anybody so i will not be travelling far and wide' in my Defender....I will be using it to blast to the shops and back.... having spent all my money on my remap Rolling with laughter So no foreign holidays this year for Mrs F In the defender.....I think we could still make Canada in November though for hunting season Whistle NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #33761 5th Jun 2010 10:24am
jlerra

Gibraltar 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
remap
Oh, Dear - the terrible twins are at it again!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
El pepe flamenco JLS
'El Pepe Flamenco'
Post #33770 5th Jun 2010 4:12pm
K9F

We sure are, well I am anyway! Thought I'd throw a couple o' rocks myself! Laughing Off Topic Got no chimps to throw rocks at? Look in the mirror! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter I reckon we should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish myself! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Just make sure you're on it first! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #33773 5th Jun 2010 5:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>