↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > hedge trimmer recommendations.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
I would be looking at a different option http://www.cochet.biz/lawn-garden-equipmen...mower.html
Post #369571 4th Nov 2014 9:28pm
lambert.the.farmer

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi PU Rutland Red
Unfortunately I can't justify either the expense of a tractor mounted mower or the necessary modifications to my existing tractor to fit such a device. If I had a market for a bit of contract work for such a thing then yeah I could scale up and get one but that is not part of the business plan. Rhubarb and custard let fly with their secret weapon.
Post #369637 5th Nov 2014 5:53am
Cupboard

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HT Corris Grey
by the time you factor in the cost of a machine and your time, I can't see how it can make sense to to that much hedgecutting by hand unless there was no other option.

If your usual hedgecutter-contractor is being rubbish, there must be another farmer nearby that could do it?

You could always put a hydraulic pump on your 90 and mount something to the back of that Wink
Post #369708 5th Nov 2014 1:30pm
munch90

England 
I know its of no use to you , but I got a little diy black and decker that I attack a long laurel hedge with ( attack rather then cut , I hate doing it ! ) ,
The hedge has sheep wire in it to keep the dogs in , ive cut the wire with it lots of times I hack at big branches with it and the bl@@dy thing wont die so I can gat a better one !

I want a 4 stroke honda or something , but cant bring myself to buy one all the time this old one still keeps going !
Post #369808 5th Nov 2014 9:12pm
lambert.the.farmer

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi PU Rutland Red
Cupboard wrote:
by the time you factor in the cost of a machine and your time, I can't see how it can make sense to to that much hedgecutting by hand unless there was no other option.

If your usual hedgecutter-contractor is being rubbish, there must be another farmer nearby that could do it?

You could always put a hydraulic pump on your 90 and mount something to the back of that Wink

You may well be right but not for the first time father's attitude towards the modern world and progress in general is getting in the way of being efficient and effective. Yes it would probably be better to find a new contractor but because of the mental instability of the old goat if one is no good then they're all no good. Therefore as my time is basically an infinitely renewable free commodity I can do it and simultaneously be berated for doing it wrong and taking too long. It's something of a miracle that a petrol powered hedgetrimmer is even an option, for a while it was looking like I might be allowed to a pair of nail scissors which would have been nice. Oh the joys of a farmer/son relationship . Rhubarb and custard let fly with their secret weapon.
Post #369835 5th Nov 2014 10:11pm
scotty38

England 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Aintree Green
Seems to me he wants you tied up and out of the way of the proper jobs Rolling with laughter
Post #369920 6th Nov 2014 12:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12