↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Finance & Insurance > Adrian Flux - Good Insurance Company?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Adrian Flux - Good Insurance Company?
Saw the other thread in this category and thought I'd place a positive one.....

I have just been to these individuals upon the recommendation of a mate of mine who has been with them for years....Gotta be said everything owned up to....ALL modifications....protected no claims, green laning and off-roading covered, courtesy car etc. etc.

Result was that I got to talk to an individual to tailor the cover to suit my needs, get protected no claims and reduce my excess by 50% above the benefits already mentioned in comparison to one of the internet comparison sites. How much???? Just a paltry £43 above the cheapest on line quote. You get what you pay for and these will be my insurers in May when it's due....Costs nowt to get a quote.

This caught my eye... 'And green laning and off-roading use is included as standard on most policies.'

Linky fingy:

http://www.adrianflux.co.uk/ If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #27735 22nd Mar 2010 5:43pm
stevie d

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 90 Td5 SW Alpine White
I would agree....

But I was quoted about £100 less with NFU for a more comprehensive policy.

NFU gave me 7 years protected no claims on a defender Laughing Laughing
- this was a third car so had not built up any no claims Thumbs Up

I guess it pays to look around as individual circumstances can make quite a difference to the quotes.

(As a side issue, I was amazed that most of the insurance companies that advertise in the LRO Mag, won't cover Green Laning or Off Roading - interesting Question Question ) Defender 90 TD5 Station Wagon
Discovery 3 HSE
BMW 330i Coupe
Post #27741 22nd Mar 2010 6:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
NFU were a non-starter! As soon as they discovered I was an aircraft engineer their underwriters refused to insure as 'there was a possibility my vehicle would go airside!'
No worries I went somewhere else!
As you state individual circumstances can affect premiums! NFU are also 'reluctant to insure if you are a serviceman!'
I called NFU on a Saturday and they had no-one to deal with my query. They arranged a call back Monday evening. On the call back when they discovered my renewal wasn't within the next 30 days they wanted to 'call back Tuesday as they had higher priority customers!!!' What 'TOSH' what would you do?
Hope a representative from NFU sees this post and recorded my call! Thumbs down from me I'm afraid!

Best to hunt round, speak to someone from the company and get it to suit your own criteria! Adrian Flux was respectful, courteous, paid attention to detail and was well worth the money in my opinion. Shame NFU didn't pay the same courtesy and respect, after all it costs nothing and can impress a potential customer!!!! If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!

Last edited by K9F on 23rd Mar 2010 9:05am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #27744 22nd Mar 2010 6:59pm
MrFlips

Wales 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 PU Santorini Black
I'm with Adrian Flux - make sure that they've written down all of your modifications. Adrian Flux are the brokers, and they take out your policy with one of their list of insurers, but in my case they hadn't passed on any of the details of my mods to the insurance company that they took my policy out with, so when my car was broken into there was a week's delay before the insurance company would authorise any work to start whilst their underwriters agreed that everything was ok. Peter
2008 SWB Truck Cab
1952 80" Soft top
Post #27748 22nd Mar 2010 8:17pm
Laurie

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Bonatti Grey
My Defender and its predecessors have been with NFU for some 20 years.
They didn't want to know my Dakar RR conversion so that's with Adrian Flux.
Both covers are good prices.
Post #27766 22nd Mar 2010 10:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
alantd

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
K9F wrote:
NFU were a non-starter! As soon as they discovered I was an aircraft engineer their underwriters refused to insure as 'there was a possibility my vehicle would go airside!'
As you state individual circumstances can affect premiums! NFU are also 'reluctant to insure if you are a serviceman!'
Hope a representative from NFU sees this post and recorded my call! Thumbs down from me I'm afraid!
Best to hunt round, speak to someone from the company and get it to suit your own criteria!

What's with the 'airside' thing? Every time I talk to NFU they ask "will the vehicle be used airside?". There's obviously a very specific set of cases that have triggered that in their standard list of questions.

At least they didn't ask whether I would be driving in the sea (like a hire company recently asked me). Rolling with laughter One that started out as a 2.4 TDCi 110 XS
+ New Defender 110 First Edition
Post #27784 22nd Mar 2010 11:16pm
RLD

United Kingdom 
yes i am with them with my 130 but the down side is no Morocco insurance but D3 is with Land Rover and they do Big Cry but they wont insure it Shocked RLD fabricator of Hidden Winch Mount for D3/4 roof racks jerry can holders CB aerial mounts and much more and agent for Helsport Tents and gear
Post #27857 23rd Mar 2010 7:04pm
v40mav

Scotland 
Been with AF now for a number of years and the service I received recently when changing from the D3 to Defender was fantastic - Very Happy

Speaking to Emma - told her what was happening all the change over and also that vehicle is used for what it is meant to do - ie - Off Road and also used for the Response Group - result a change in insurers as the original one didn't cover vehicles over £20k Question Also noted all mods - AND a reduction in overall premium of nearly £100 Very Happy
I insisted on getting email confirmation that the cover was as requested - offroad / response group and this was sent from within the hr -

I've 3 policies with them for the landies - and no issues to date - Defender 110 County SW

Disco 3 HSE

Freelander 2 HSE - SOLD going back to a car

www.lothian4x4response.org
Post #61777 2nd Mar 2011 9:28am
BigMike

United Kingdom 
RLD wrote:
yes i am with them with my 130 but the down side is no Morocco insurance but D3 is with Land Rover and they do Big Cry but they wont insure it Shocked

Ray, there is insurance for Morocco available, and fully comp at that. In fact I have a letter from them confirming it on my policy for specific dates this year.
Post #61778 2nd Mar 2011 9:30am
Surrey Rover

My Defender is with AF and I have just been through its first renewal. Despite max no claims my policy went up but by very little compared to my policy on another car. So in the dodgy world of insurance brokers they seem like a good choice.

Good only knows what will happen to the costs now that insurance companies can't risk based on the individual, I can see costs going through the roof.
Post #61780 2nd Mar 2011 9:51am
MONKEYCOPPER

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Alpine White
Surrey Rover wrote:
My Defender is with AF and I have just been through its first renewal. Despite max no claims my policy went up but by very little compared to my policy on another car. So in the dodgy world of insurance brokers they seem like a good choice.

Good only knows what will happen to the costs now that insurance companies can't risk based on the individual, I can see costs going through the roof.

i reckon the insurers will use it to THERE advantage, they always do ............
Post #61796 2nd Mar 2011 12:01pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
alantd wrote:
K9F wrote:
Best to hunt round, speak to someone from the company and get it to suit your own criteria!

What's with the 'airside' thing? Every time I talk to NFU they ask "will the vehicle be used airside?". There's obviously a very specific set of cases that have triggered that in their standard list of questions.

At least they didn't ask whether I would be driving in the sea (like a hire company recently asked me). Rolling with laughter

Yes planes are expensive Exclamation Exclamation well the ones i fly are and they arent that expensive compared to many Whistle what a £1million when you have multi-million plans. I know someone who bought a squirrel helicopter for £4million

Adrian Flux are a good insurance company. Cover everything, good rates, price match, better cover than many who you think have cover and arent scared by modifications.

You get a discount if you are a club member.

Been with them for 10 years nearly i think from memory...maybe 9 or 11 - but still. Mike
Post #61869 2nd Mar 2011 8:26pm
ickle

France 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Alpine White
I had my 100" total bitsa insured with AF for 6 years, on renewal I asked for price for 110 puma sw and it was £100 less - as expected, halfway through policy changed to 110 sw and they tried to increase price by £200!

Cancelled policy, insured with Insure then AF tried to charge huge cancellation charge - kicked up a fuss and their customer services resolved everything - hopefully back with them next year.
Post #61906 2nd Mar 2011 11:19pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
ickle wrote:
I had my 100" total bitsa insured with AF for 6 years, on renewal I asked for price for 110 puma sw and it was £100 less - as expected, halfway through policy changed to 110 sw and they tried to increase price by £200!

Cancelled policy, insured with Insure then AF tried to charge huge cancellation charge - kicked up a fuss and their customer services resolved everything - hopefully back with them next year.

Apparently one of their insurers is much more expensive for some things defender related. They put me on the other and it was a much better deal, worth asking them Mike
Post #61909 2nd Mar 2011 11:31pm
heapster

AF are a broker so will know which underwriters to go to for the best cover based on your requirements - and those underwriters change almost on a daily basis depending on their risk profiles and claims experience. As opposed to NFU who base their quote on one set of risk parameters.

There are other good brokers out there - Footman James for one - who will also get better prices for non-standard cover such as offroad and modified vehicles. Go direct to underwriters (NFU, Direct Line etc) if you have a standard car or circumstances, otherwise brokers are generally better value.
Post #62005 3rd Mar 2011 2:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>