↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] Concours condition Lug rig Classic dinghy-Willow
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
[For Sale] Concours condition Lug rig Classic dinghy-Willow
Firstly this is a private sale as we have to many boats to use and appreciate Willow to its full that she deserves.
Feel free to remove if you wish though Martin, but thought it might be appreciated here for its craftsmanship and history.

'Willow' has had very light use throughout its life since 1992 and has mainly been a show boat, She is a complete one off and is truly unique with a fully bronze and brass fit out (you wont find a stainless screw on her)
She measures only 11' and is ideal for rivers and lakes complete with every thing like A fitted canvass cover, trailer, oars, sail, everything needed and all like new.
When she was built she won Classic Boat magazines Boat builder of the year (she was in competition worldwide with super-yacht builders and many other wonderful classics) and still bears the plaque proudly on the stern.
She has also taken the front cover spread the following year (a copy is included in the sale) and was a regular at the Beale Park Boat Show winning prizes and being generally admired.

She is an amazing dinghy which is a talking point wherever she is taken (you wont get much sailing done, but a lot of friendly chats wanting to look closely!) which I've put here on the off chance as we all obviously have great taste and class to have defenders Laughing .
She is for sale at £6,000 ovno which despite sounding a lot having a similar boat built now would easily cost in excess of £13,000 and be know where near this standard or have the extra's. (I'm sure you can appreciate for the craftsmanship its amazing value considering the time and skill required, which is simply unachievable to most)
She can be delivered most places in the UK at cost. For any questions feel free to call me on 07592589512 or drop me a message or pm
Cheers Tom Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Defender puma dormobile camper

Last edited by SailingTom on 5th Mar 2014 6:04pm. Edited 3 times in total
Post #313733 5th Mar 2014 2:34pm
Ads90

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Keswick Green
What a beautiful boat!
I wish I lived nearer water (other than floods)!
GLWTS Smile
Post #313745 5th Mar 2014 3:17pm
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
Its a lovely thing, the photos don't do her justice, every pulley block has 1 pence coins let in to hide the pulley sleeves.
Amazingly it was the man we bought her offs only boat he's built as was a model maker by trade, hence the attention to detail as she was built in his retirement to learn to sail in (it seemed he never used it though other than taking her to shows)
What was more impressive than the boat was his scale 3' model of her, which he kept for sentimental value. It was a perfect match down to the minature scale fittings!
Thumbs Up Defender puma dormobile camper
Post #313748 5th Mar 2014 3:36pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Wow, a vessel of exceptional beauty! Truly magnificent!
Post #313749 5th Mar 2014 3:44pm
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
Thank you very kind.
We have a lot of boats go through but when we saw her we bought her for my Mum privately, Sadly now we have so many other boats ourselves that we have decided to pass her on to someone who will appreciate it. As to be honest she doesn't get the use and spends her time in the boat house, which seems a shame as deserves to be used. people really do love seeing it, so the next owner will need to be tolerant of lots of random people stopping for a natter Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Defender puma dormobile camper

Last edited by SailingTom on 5th Mar 2014 6:43pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #313752 5th Mar 2014 3:53pm
pjb

Beautiful Tom

Just having a 1957 Gull restored properly & can agree very very expensive to both build & repair, I think I will have spent probably 3 times its final value bit like landrovers Whistle 2020 P300 HSE
Post #313773 5th Mar 2014 6:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SailingTom

United Kingdom 
Thank you, although the credit has to go to the builder.
Easy to do isnt it!
I've got a mark 1 Gull in at work at the moment strangely, nice little boats (I wont tell you the price that is so dont worry! Laughing we all get strangely sentimental over them and cost goes out the window! ) I sailed a mark 3 for a while as I give sailing lessons weekends but changed to a wanderer recently.
Cheers Tom Defender puma dormobile camper
Post #313776 5th Mar 2014 6:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1