↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > eBay & Bargain Spots > Ebay hacked?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
dondiddy

Scotland 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi ST Nato Green
Ebay hacked?
A heads up for anyone looking for a bargain Landrover on Ebay! Someone appears to have found a way to hack into genuine Ebay accounts and list Landrovers (and probably other makes) at too good to be true prices as buy it nows. If you are surfing Ebay and click into one of these bargain buys you are actually directed away from Ebay to a different site but the change happens so fast it still looks like you are on the genuine Ebay site. Only the web address gives the game away but that is easy to miss. Another small giveaway is as the site changes the £ sign on the buy it now price to a Greek style A. The seller invites you to e-mail them for further info at a Yahoo address . their fake Ebay page is very clever as all the normal links on it to other items etc work as they should ,even the report item link works but when you try and report it to Ebay the item no is not recognised. Recent listings have included a 2009 white RR Sport for £8,000, a 57 plate FL2 for £3,000 and a 57plate Puma 110 XS for £8,000. I`m sure they will be others that I have missed! Please don`t get caught out! Sad
Post #305442 5th Feb 2014 10:48pm
me@td5.org

2000 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Seems they will give you a story about having just moved abroad and will encourage you to place the money with an Escrow so they can ship the car to you to test drive and evaluate..

Seem to be cloned ads. www.td5.org
Post #305450 5th Feb 2014 11:03pm
dondiddy

Scotland 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi ST Nato Green
Its not just Ebay! I have come across similar adds for boats on Gumtree, Friday ads etc. I suppose they find enough victims to make it worth their while! Evil or Very Mad
Post #305483 6th Feb 2014 12:00am
110 John

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
They prey on accounts with low feed back and havent been used in a long time thats the give away and a too good to be true bargain price you know what they say when its too good to be true
Post #306103 8th Feb 2014 10:22am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1