↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > I had a Stage 3 Dinotrol at CSK - what do you think?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
Leenorthants

United Kingdom 
G
I have no affliation to any company on here, bu if I needed to use CSK I would feel confident with their customer service.

Suggest that everyone that runs a company, whether it provides services or products, follows the same pattern, you are all in it to make money, not charity. So if something goes wrong, resolve it

Also airing differences in public is petty and pointless, remember we are adults not kids in the playground!
Post #294517 31st Dec 2013 11:22am
walfy

Lee

I disagree, I am a contractor providing trg to the MOD and also H&S to other company's in my area. If I make a cock up but offer compensation, be it free days training or a new report etc my reputation is tarnished. In my industry it is a very small close knit community. Word of mouth is everything.
Posting pics is a good way of giving feedback, he he put it into words then the essence of the post might of been lost. With pics there is no ambiguity.
There are enough people on here who run their business without messing people about. They just get on and do the job. They don't feel the need to share everything they do with the wider world. When you set yourself up as the cheapest/best/fastest/strongest there will always be people who will knock you down. The trick is knowing when the straw that broke the camels back has been picked up. 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #294520 31st Dec 2013 11:30am
Leenorthants

United Kingdom 
But your post essentially agrees, my issue is that what was the point in posting pics etc if the issue has been dealt with by issuing a full refund. Just my view. Thumbs Up
Post #294530 31st Dec 2013 12:09pm
Sonarmender

England 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
I have to agree with Walfy, we can all shout about what we do and how we do it and how good we are.

When you put yourself in the spotlight like that you have to be on top of your game all of the time… this is the real world which to me means you are only as good as your last job!

As Walfy, in my world if i did a gash job the consequences would mean the loss of pay and possibly the loss of life/lives.

After looking at the photos again I cannot believe the dire standard of CSK's work, that must have taken the sum total of 20mins to complete… would I use CSK……NO! I wouldn't trust them to wash the pots! You only have one life, live it....forget the cost.
90XS Hardtop
Post #294533 31st Dec 2013 12:26pm
ibexman

United Kingdom 
The truck in question is over ten years old Maybe the OP was expecting a new shiny chassis ,on this age of truck you are never going to get a 100% job
Post #294534 31st Dec 2013 12:26pm
Sonarmender

England 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
I agree with IBexman, perhaps never the 100% but less the 10% is taking the P.ss. You only have one life, live it....forget the cost.
90XS Hardtop
Post #294535 31st Dec 2013 12:28pm
Lishlandy

England 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 X-Tech LE Orkney Grey
Go Beyond wrote:
I didn't say you couldn't comment Ibexman

£50 says this thread will be deleted by morning

On a lighter note, who gets Matts money, I think Ibexman also wagered haha. ===================================
Steve
90 xs sw in Stonoway Grey - Sold
110 USW X-TECH
Post #294536 31st Dec 2013 12:38pm
walfy

Yes the truck is old but if CHris had looked at the truck and given an honest accurate appraisal perhaps the the OP would of been better informed. But it seems that someone was chasing the pot of gold and a quick buck.
Even if he was covering mud and rubbish, if it was covered completely that would of been something but there are huge swathes that haven't been covered. And then to offer to send spray cans so he could finish the job himself is just laughable!!!!

Same as Sonarmender, if I instruct incorrectly or I'm not up todate with my info then people will die, it's a simple fact. I have to do my work and then research any new processes and drills.
I know Chris' job isn't life threatening but he should have the same outlook for his business. If it folds he has no income and then it spirals from there 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #294537 31st Dec 2013 12:39pm
ibexman

United Kingdom 
Lishlandy wrote:
Go Beyond wrote:
I didn't say you couldn't comment Ibexman

£50 says this thread will be deleted by morning

On a lighter note, who gets Matts money, I think Ibexman also wagered haha.

Martins not up yet Whistle Whistle
Post #294539 31st Dec 2013 1:02pm
Luismi

Spain 2004 Defender 110 Td5 SW Alpine White
Seems to be the rule here

First complain in a public forum even before contact with the second person involve in the issue.

so what the site sponsor suppose to do with a person that reject the list of solutions provided?.

This things must to be forbidden in the forum as a rule. there are legal court for that kind of things and people can not be the jugde the Jury and the Executor.

its good to give feedback in a company that after a real conversation, reject to help or solve the problem, and you can put in the table enough evidences of their lack of willingness to help.

But when a company are willing to help and solve the problem where its the issue? This days it is very hard to run a company, and will be a luxury to select the customer you want to work with, however there are sector that there are not that many customer to choose.

anyway.. Killer will have my custom every time I need him because I know that he will solve any issue that arise.
Post #294541 31st Dec 2013 1:04pm
me@td5.org

2000 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Unfortunately the Defamation Act 2013 (which will protect forum owners from litigation pertaining to their members posts) doesn't come into act until tomorrow so my £50 is on this thread being deleted Wink

I find this quite refreshing, behind closed doors there are many stories about all suppliers which rarely come out in the open, those in the trade know better than the rest so it only takes one to break ranks for it all to come out.

Good on you Chris for refunding the OP cash.

What CSK seems to be selling, seems popular, and at the price who can argue with the service. £250 for your time, materials and facilities isn't going to give a huge margin.

Quality is not about a high standard but a consistent standard. Maybe some people have received a service better than can be expected though someones personal commitment. www.td5.org
Post #294548 31st Dec 2013 1:19pm
epictrail

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 110 Td5 HT Chawton White
Actually the truck is a 2004 TD5 and the chassis is in excellent condition as it has always lived away from the coast and well looked after by the Utilities company that owned it. The chassis was almost completely mud free and the stones shown on the chassis in the picture earlier in this thread is the only sizeable muck anywhere.

Chris was completely aware of the age of the vehicle prior to my taking it to CSK. I even left it for an extra day to allow him to do him best job which he was happy to promise.

When I collected the Defender I had a look underneath and asked if he had missed bits. Not possible I was told as he said he had all the right gear including a UV light.

When I looked properly at home I could not believe how poor the job was. When I first phoned him I asked if someone else had done the work because he had told me he had done over 60 vehicles and never had one problem. He said he had done the work himself and didn't expect that there actually was any problem.

Just to clarify what Chris actually offered after I emailed him the photographs:

Offer 1. To have the truck back and spray the parts he'd missed. NO refund offered.

Offer 2. Post me some cans of spray for me to correct the job myself. No refund offered.

I then asked for a refund and mentioned the damage to the New Decat / Centre exhaust, Eberspacher Silencer and pipe which I've been told by my Eberspacher guy that will need to be replaced as it will start to stink!! it is only 2 weeks old. He agreed to refund his charges and ignored every thing else. Adding of course the waste of my time and my travel costs etc it has all have left me out of pocket with a job that will need redoing in the spring.

Thanks for everyone's support who has sent PM's including the offers to come and help me sort out undersealing Thumbs Up
Post #294549 31st Dec 2013 1:23pm
ibexman

United Kingdom 
Richard you went looking for a cheap job ,would you not be thinking what will I get for £250 you got a cheap job. Airing your dirty laundry on here is not the place to do it , it's between YOU and HIM
Post #294565 31st Dec 2013 3:13pm
RobKeay

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
I am no way a man of the law.

However don't you have to give a contractor or vendor the chance to correct the work. He didn't need to offer a refund.
If Chris didn't put it right on a second attempt then you have a issue.

Poor show for posting pictures and not letting Chris put it right. I think Chris gave in to a bully too quickly.

I would say other sponsor shouldn't get involved with this, it makes you look bad. I have a new 110 coming soon and want to make changes but will be careful where my money is spent.

CSK could do with posting some new pictures to show he can do his job.

Come on lads it's Christmas and there's a new year tomorrow. Glad tidings to all
Post #294583 31st Dec 2013 4:14pm
Leenorthants

United Kingdom 
G
Love and peace to all! Mr. Green
Post #294600 31st Dec 2013 5:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>