↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Pictures & Video > Land Rover Gangham Style Parody – Ft Roger the Rambler
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
ellebarto

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zambezi Silver

I can only assume someone posted the video link on a walkers website or something because just before Christmas day I started to get what I’d describe as complaint emails.

9 in total, not including the wind up one’s from my ‘mates’ when they heard I was getting hassle. I thought I’d share the pick of the bunch. I'll just say my three favourites went on a bit so I have deleted some paragraphs completely and edited out their original email addresses. Other than that they are as they were sent!

Sent: 25 December 2013 17:36
To: Lowrangers2012
Subject: Disgraceful Portrayal

I felt the need to tell you how annoyed I was at your portrayal of what a rambler is.

Putting aside the ridiculous clothes and your silly narrative I was particularly cross that you portrayed ramblers as bad tempered and threatening towards children.

If I ever run into your childish group on a lane I will give you a piece of my mind and show you what a real walker is made of.
(Lets hope it's not a large piece of his mind he is giving away. Doesn't seem to have too much to spare)

Sent: 26 December 2013 19:01
Subject: Walker Refusing Access to 4x4

The depiction of 'Roger the Rambler' in your silly dance parody boiled my blood. Clearly you know nothing about walking.

You and your polluting foul mouthed kind should be banned from the countryside.

I intend to complain to YouTube with regard to this defamatory video.

I suspect the police will also be interested to see children driving a vehicle on a country lane. We shall see how funny your video is once they have dealt with you.

Country lanes are not for 4x4 vehicles and you would do well to remember that.
(This guy actually thinks my 5 year old daughter was driving my 110 on a public highway)

Sent: 26 December 2013 22:14
Subject: You are a Disgrace

There is simply no way those council house children would be able to overcome any adult walker.

Those horrible looking brats should all be in a reformed school and you should not be allowed to be a parent for encouraging such disgusting behaviour.

Pathetic video and a waste of my time.
(Mmmm!!! That's my kids you cheeky git. OK, after Xmas they are irritating me as well and in fairness the youngest (kicking me in the head) may well do prison time later in life but what a Censored )  Check out my YouTube channel for green laning and Land Rover "how to" videos.
Post #293849 29th Dec 2013 11:20am
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
I wouldn't lower myself to their levels, but I must admit, I also found the video annoying.

Each to their own I suppose.
Post #293869 29th Dec 2013 12:17pm
ellebarto

Annoying in concept or in content? Did you not like me poking fun at walkers? Check out my YouTube channel for green laning and Land Rover "how to" videos.
Post #293870 29th Dec 2013 12:19pm
diesel_jim

Content.

I've had my share of miserable walkers, met a couple yesterday, although most seemed to manage to contort their faces into some kind of grimmace Laughing

Edit because of spelling mistake

Last edited by diesel_jim on 29th Dec 2013 4:02pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #293871 29th Dec 2013 12:26pm
david mitchell

Ireland 2003 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Personally I thought your video was great! You will always get individuals who feel that the countryside is just for walkers. You are a responsible person who enjoys your landy in the countryside and I say fair play. Just what I think
Post #293902 29th Dec 2013 3:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cuthbert

Some Land Rover Defender owners are also ramblers, walkers, off- road motorcyclists, horse riders, mountain bikers and dry-stone dykers.

BBC productions are produced to enrich people's lives with programmes that inform, educate and entertain. Maybe some amateur productions on You Tube appear to do none of those?
Post #294015 29th Dec 2013 9:46pm
ellebarto

Yeah I'm not the BBC. Some people don't get comedy I guess or don't have much of a sense of humour Check out my YouTube channel for green laning and Land Rover "how to" videos.
Post #294024 29th Dec 2013 10:07pm
a13x

United Kingdom 
Having watched the majority of your videos posted on here over the recent few months and also read some of the comments you have received, I must say I'm also one of those who think you do yourself no favours, portray you and your group in a poor way and think it is you that needs educating.

Unless of course, I am in the minority who just don't get the point of the videos... There's no humour, only snide comments and attacks at those who want to enjoy the outdoors as you do....
Post #294032 29th Dec 2013 10:22pm
ellebarto

That's a bit limited is it not? You seem to be talking about 2 out of 40 odd films and making your opinion from that. That's the sort of short sighted attitude that almost supports the tongue in cheek message of those last 2 films.

There does seem to be a minority group who were upset by the horse riding film and then this one received the backlash.

Major sense of humor failure, at least on the Gangnam film. I'd be willing to concede the horse riding one wasn't ideal however if anyone bothers to read the YouTube narrative for it and indeed the comments from horse riders, well it makes interesting reading! Check out my YouTube channel for green laning and Land Rover "how to" videos.
Post #294040 29th Dec 2013 10:38pm
party monkey

England 2005 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Cairns Blue
I don't particularly recall watching any of your normal laning videos and thinking 'those guys are an utter bunch of t055ers' . In the main, I think they've demonstrated responsible laning. (I'm not in a strong position to criticise given my relative inexperience..... but the GLASS handbook is my current bedtime reading Shocked )

The problem has come from the Horsey and rambler vids, which, I think have undone the positive undertones of the majority of the other productions. Whilst I would share your frustrations at the attitudes of other lane users, bear in mind they have probably encountered the 'tricked up tw4t' brigade and lump all 4x4 users in this camp.

Whilst I get your sentiment of humour, your last two vids, sadly do exactly the same and suggest all horsey people as arrogant knobs and all walkers/ramblers as litter louts etc. It's not overly surprising you're getting the reaction you've posted. We'd all be pretty hacked off if a rambling club made some parody you-tube video of 'irresponsible' 4x4 lane users.....staring 'Larry the loutish Laning Land Rover' etc etc

Ultimately, if you stick your head above the parapet, expect to have it shot at.... Although, I do agree that taking a pop at the kids is a cheap shot.

Stick to making the videos showing responsible laning and populate that across Youtube so we don't give the anti-brigade any more ammo than they already have Thumbs Up Jon - 110 td5 [sold]. Currently Defenderless.
Post #294085 29th Dec 2013 11:57pm
Cuthbert

My tip to whoever scripts, directs and produces these awful videos is .......... "don't give up the day job"!

I've watched a few Bendifroot productions looking for entertainment, interesting modifications to Land Rovers and some tips for off-roading in England's green and pleasant land - what a disappointment! They may be very funny to those who appear in them but maybe something is getting lost in the translation?
Post #294106 30th Dec 2013 12:32am
ellebarto

party monkey wrote:
I don't particularly recall watching any of your normal laning videos and thinking 'those guys are an utter bunch of t055ers' . In the main, I think they've demonstrated responsible laning. (I'm not in a strong position to criticise given my relative inexperience..... but the GLASS handbook is my current bedtime reading Shocked )

The problem has come from the Horsey and rambler vids, which, I think have undone the positive undertones of the majority of the other productions. Whilst I would share your frustrations at the attitudes of other lane users, bear in mind they have probably encountered the 'tricked up tw4t' brigade and lump all 4x4 users in this camp.

Whilst I get your sentiment of humour, your last two vids, sadly do exactly the same and suggest all horsey people as arrogant knobs and all walkers/ramblers as litter louts etc. It's not overly surprising you're getting the reaction you've posted. We'd all be pretty hacked off if a rambling club made some parody you-tube video of 'irresponsible' 4x4 lane users.....staring 'Larry the loutish Laning Land Rover' etc etc

Ultimately, if you stick your head above the parapet, expect to have it shot at.... Although, I do agree that taking a pop at the kids is a cheap shot.

Stick to making the videos showing responsible laning and populate that across Youtube so we don't give the anti-brigade any more ammo than they already have Thumbs Up

I have no problem with other people having opinions at all. It seems I'm not allowed mine though eh! Strange that nothing whatsoever was said about the rambler parody until the horse rider video appeared.

Is it only me that thinks it takes someone quite 'special' to go to the trouble of emailing about such a harmless and obvious comedy film? Check out my YouTube channel for green laning and Land Rover "how to" videos.
Post #294110 30th Dec 2013 12:47am
ellebarto

Cuthbert wrote:
My tip to whoever scripts, directs and produces these awful videos is .......... "don't give up the day job"!

I've watched a few Bendifroot productions looking for entertainment, interesting modifications to Land Rovers and some tips for off-roading in England's green and pleasant land - what a disappointment! They may be very funny to those who appear in them but maybe something is getting lost in the translation?

Scripts and directs?!?! Rolling Eyes

I'll try not to take your comments personally, after all your entitled to your opinion. Big Cry

If you know how to, check the viewing figures and subscriber list for my awful little videos. They appear to be entertaining no one so I stand corrected! Bow down Thumbs Up Check out my YouTube channel for green laning and Land Rover "how to" videos.
Post #294111 30th Dec 2013 12:52am
diesel_jim

As was said above though, in your eyes it's just some harmless fun, but in the eyes of roger rambliar it's a direct attack and slating all walkers as being the same (aggressive, litter louts etc)

Now if the ramblers came back with a video along the lines of the "lets off road" blokes from the fast show, but then showed them pulling up fences, driving over farmers crops, riding motorbikes through trees with extra loud exhausts, all pulling up at the end of a lane near someones house and getting out for the communial pee against their back garden fence, then I'm sure you'd take offence?

ellebarto wrote:

Is it only me that thinks it takes someone quite 'special' to go to the trouble of emailing about such a harmless and obvious comedy film?

Any more special than the person who went to the trouble of making the video in the first place?

Last edited by diesel_jim on 30th Dec 2013 10:29am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #294130 30th Dec 2013 8:57am
ellebarto

A reasonable point that might have some legs. Neutral

Of course as the video states, the reason it was made was to get some attention for a charity event so that was the reason for going to the trouble of making it.

It seemed to be very well received until just recently for some strange reason. Check out my YouTube channel for green laning and Land Rover "how to" videos.
Post #294157 30th Dec 2013 10:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>