Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
munsterlandy

Ireland 2008 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Santorini Black
puma owners manual details
hi all.

happy new year.

picked up my 08 130 dc before xmas. seller couldn't find any owners manuals etc. (company vehicle). wondering what would have been normal for new vehicle pack to consist of so i can chase it up with dealer and seller.

pics on the way Very Happy

thanks.
Post #21247 5th Jan 2010 1:51am
MrFlips

Wales 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 PU Santorini Black
You should have a leatherette folder containing the Owner's Handbook, Service Portfolio, Quick Start Guide, Warranty Benefits and most importantly your Land Rover Assist card (at least that's what came with mine). Their should also be a card telling you the codes for unlocking the radio and for deactivating the alarm manually - it seems hit and miss whether they give you this or not, if they do, they'll often hide it first in the battery compartment or anywhere else that takes their fancy.

In the meantime any information you need can be found at http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/extfree2viewlrprod/index.jsp Thumbs Up Peter
2008 SWB Truck Cab
1952 80" Soft top
Post #21248 5th Jan 2010 2:40am
munsterlandy

manual
thanks MrFlips.

had expected this when i picked up vehicle. no where to be seen though!!! have searched vehicle and will check with dealer who had been servicing.

appreciate help

Thumbs Up
Post #21351 5th Jan 2010 10:29pm
spudfan

Ireland 
Mine did not arrive with the vehicle either. It was taken out to be warranty stamped and someone forgot to put it back in. Also had to get the radio code and emergency key code from the dealer.If you can't get one you should have no bother getting one from LR. 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #21363 5th Jan 2010 11:35pm
munsterlandy

thanks spudfan Thumbs Up

hows the weather up there?

we're getting away with murder here though was wishing for a bit of fun with 130!!! Whistle
Post #21366 5th Jan 2010 11:56pm
YORKSHIRELAD

England 
On the subject of owners manuals, mine has a mis-print in. on the page that tells you about all the various types of bulbs you need, it says it needs H7's for the headlight, when it actually needs H4's. I thought it was wrong because I bought some bulbs for my old td5 and they were H4's, and I knew the headlights hadn't changed. I phoned my local dealer and sent the info to Land Rover.
p.s anyone looking to upgrade their headlight bulbs, the new Ring Xenon Max are very good. Cheers,

Richard 1963 Series 2A truck cab
2008 110 SW
Post #21372 6th Jan 2010 7:31am
spudfan

Ireland 
munsterlandy wrote:
thanks spudfan Thumbs Up

hows the weather up there?

we're getting away with murder here though was wishing for a bit of fun with 130!!! Whistle

Ice on frozen snow, on top of ice on top of frozen snow.....Main roads get gritted but it is usually afternoon before we get any clearance. Then it gets dark and the process repeats itself! Back roads which is 99% of roads up here are ice rink territory. Diff lock locked territory! Had to make the 80 mile round trip to Letterkenny hospital on Monday for a five minute dental check up on my daughter. It took longer than usual!
Congratulations on the 130. You will be paying slightly lower road tax than me. Mine is a station wagon so enough said. Have always wondered if the suspension on a 130 is much harsher than on the 110.
Have had ours for about 18 months and have enjoyed every minute of it. Just minor things you could get with any car have needed attention. I also agree with the misprints in the handbook regarding light bulbs. Also the handbook is lacking in all the useful information for servicing and off road driving that previous handbooks had. If you are new to Land Rovers get a copy of the hand book for earlier 90/110 models. It is chockful of really useful info for doing basic checks and how to handle the vehicle off road. Best of luck and enjoy the beast. Ours is called ZULU and is a fully fledged member of the family! 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #21387 6th Jan 2010 12:28pm
Grockle

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Munsterlandy you near Bandon? 2.4 90 XS
1968 1/32 scale Britains 109 Pick up.
Post #21388 6th Jan 2010 12:33pm
munsterlandy

manuals & location
spudfan,

sounds interesting to say the least! we have nothing but ice on minor roads and the odd patch on the main. was hoping for some of the snow everyone else seems to be getting just for the craic!!

not new to landrovers in general. my dad was a diesel mechanic whose main business was 4x4 and bigger diesels in the seventies, eighties and early nineties. i was told i wasnt doing apprenticeship so duly said i was!!! waterpapered my first s11a at the age of 11 as a summer job to keep me quiet so i now have extremely soft hands Laughing Laughing Laughing

have been away from the spanners though for about 15 years. puma big improvement in refinement from my last 110 (a 2.5td) from times past. 130 definitely bit firmer on the road though not excessively so. mine has 70k km so starting to loosen up a bit. not had chance to put up on lift yet before she goes to dealers. little niggles - central locking on drivers rear door as per others experiences, no difflock working as lever like proverbial apple in bucket of water, bit too much play in transmission and also rattly clutch/release bearing. nothing major though for now!! Whistle
took delivery of a friends 110 panel van this evening, 08 only 10k km very tight vehicle. bit livelier than the 130 but a bit louder i thought. will compare more of the next while.
i wanted a csw but wouldn't stretch for the tax or vrt if i imported. kids love it and they have named it sarge after the willys jeep in the cars animated movie!!

grockle i'm the other side of the city near midleton.

happy new year all and i hope that it brings all we need ( and all the toys we really really want for the landys!!) Thumbs Up
Post #21463 7th Jan 2010 12:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1