↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > Clutch pedal high after master and slave cylinders replaced
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Clutch pedal high after master and slave cylinders replaced
Good morning forumites. I have recently had to replace the clutch master and slave cylinder on my 2002 110 with 145k miles on the clock. A fiddly job in a TD5 due to the sound proofing and rad filler bottle but good fun.

The issue is that after completing the job the clutch pedal is "very" much higher (physically) than previously when compared to the brake pedal...

[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Reading the manual it says that on the TD5 there is no adjustment for the pedal. So is this indicative of an aging clutch?

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #267363 17th Sep 2013 9:53am
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
You can adjust the two 13mm nuts on the shaft of the master cylinder to move the location of the pedal.

pop the bonnet, remove the 6 small screws on the pedal assy, and you'll see the two locknuts.

with some fiddling you'll be able to get an open ended 13mm in there (sometimes it's easier to use a piece of wood and partially push the pedal down (wedge it against the seat base with the wood) as it move the nuts into the centre of the square hole taht you've got to work through.

Once the nuts are loosened, you can move them up and down the shaft to alter the position of the pedal. In the RAVE manual there is a height that the pedal should be away from the floor, but i've not got it in front of me at the moment.

Just trying to find a picture of it, and found this thread on LR4x4 which shows what I mean....

the two nuts are items #3, and "A" is the height above the floor.

the adjustment bolt 4 & 5, i've never had a pedal that touches these.
Post #267373 17th Sep 2013 10:56am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1