↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Cruise Control
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
Sonic3d

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Stornoway Grey
Hi Naks there is a pic of the control pad mounted to my dash on page 3 of this thread along with prices, the rest of the kit is 2 small black boxes with wires that i didn`t take pics of.
Post #29796 14th Apr 2010 11:47am
heinrichnel

Namibia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
ok Sonic, sure I can wait a couple of weeks. I am very close to buying the Conrad-Anderson one, but the price is a bit steep. So the more info you can post about yours the better.

Thanks

Hein
Post #29811 14th Apr 2010 2:31pm
Sonic3d

heinrichnel wrote:
ok Sonic, sure I can wait a couple of weeks. I am very close to buying the Conrad-Anderson one, but the price is a bit steep. So the more info you can post about yours the better.

Thanks

Hein

There`s not a lot more i can post about it that has not been said on this thread, its easy to install as i now have pictures for every wire that needs connecting in an actual Defender (mine) and not some generic instructions other kits would give you.
I have done about 12,000 miles with my kit now and Andy from Allisport has done similar with no problems at all so it is proven to be reliable Thumbs Up
Post #29812 14th Apr 2010 2:40pm
Naks

South Africa 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
Sonic3d wrote:
There`s not a lot more i can post about it that has not been said on this thread, its easy to install as i now have pictures for every wire that needs connecting in an actual Defender (mine) and not some generic instructions other kits would give you.

Sonic, I think the reason ppl are asking for more details is that unlike the Td5 cruise control, which everyone understood, yours is a 'black box' solution, i.e, you plug it in and it works, but we do not know how or why it works.

Understandably, this makes ppl uncomfortable with this solution, hence the request for more technical details - is it a generic solution, is it a Ford-adapted solution, etc.

Also, 2 installations over a combined total of 24Kmiles is not really a reliable sample size Wink
Post #29814 14th Apr 2010 2:44pm
Sonic3d

Yes it is a black box well actually 2 little black boxes and a control pad Thumbs Up All i can say is it works and is easy to use, and i think 24K miles with without problems is a lot more reliable than the vehicle its fitted too Rolling with laughter
Its covered by warranty for 1yr so there is no worry Thumbs Up
Post #29815 14th Apr 2010 2:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345