Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
RichardBattersby

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Will have a look at those. Defender 90 HT Corris Grey Puma 2.2TDCi
Post #261979 28th Aug 2013 9:09pm
RichardBattersby

I'm not so sure that my speakers are compatible now. I've bought and received them and on the box of the 10cm speakers (http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-...-23890.htm it says:
"Warning - this product contains a high performance tweeter. If there is a tweeter already in you car then you must disconnect the terminals. Of you leave the original tweeter connected and connect this product in parallel then a fault may develop in this product, so you are strongly recommended not to do so"
Which means I've wasted my money on the speakers Big Cry Defender 90 HT Corris Grey Puma 2.2TDCi
Post #271202 3rd Oct 2013 6:31pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
I don't see why that should be at all, those speakers should have an in built x over and the standard tweeters also should. Mines running with co axial speakers inc tweeters all around again 10cm and tweeters with in line x over. Even with standard tweeters in place it all worked perfectly together.

Personally I cannot see an issue Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #271205 3rd Oct 2013 6:58pm
RichardBattersby

That's good news, I thought it seemed silly. Alpine don't even sell any that don't have in built tweeters. Maybe just covering their backs?

Any idea how I get all these bits connected? The speakers just have two small pieces of metal as connections and the tweeters have wires with similar metal connectors at the end. The wires on the car seem to be plastic connectors that accept pins. Looking in the drivers side speaker hole (no speakers in currently, didn't come with them) there is a purple pin connector with a purple and white wire, a lone white wire that goes up to the tweeter which just has a cut end, then two wires together which are black and red and black and pink one with a black connector the other with grey.
All very confusing Question Confused

EDIT: I've had a look at some pictures on here and the two black striped wires seem to be for the speakers but am still not sure how the tweeters should be wired? Or are the black striped wires for the tweeters but then where are the wires for the 10cm speakers? Confused Defender 90 HT Corris Grey Puma 2.2TDCi
Post #271207 3rd Oct 2013 7:08pm
RichardBattersby

It seems the cables were hidden and taped down. I've managed to extract them and the lower speakers should now be fine.

The only trouble now is the connection to the tweeters. The ends of the cable for the tweeters looks like this:

Click image to enlarge

But the connection to the Defender looks like this (pins):

Click image to enlarge

How do I connect them up?
Some kind of adaptor? Defender 90 HT Corris Grey Puma 2.2TDCi
Post #271271 3rd Oct 2013 10:25pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
You'll need to identify the positive feed with a multimeter and note it as positive both sides either mark it on paper or a better way a little red electrical tape around it a a visual marker.
When I checked and identified mine colour is deceiving. Black is typically negative and red positive but with these do not go by just looking at them and colour.
Finally you will have to cut off the connector as there is no adaptor available, do this also on your speaker wires to match, I'd advise female connectors on the LR wires as it's the source and male on the tweeter wires. What connector you use is up to you but I used full insulated blue spade terminals on mine because they are easily removable and reliable, red ones would work too though.

As for your speaker connections below the dash again test to check the power and negative and fit connections to suit, on mine I required one connector to be removed for a different terminal to suit the speaker. The other standard terminal was a fit as is.
Hope this makes sense.... Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #271274 3rd Oct 2013 10:46pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
I would offer to do it for you but it's a bit too far for you to come, if you need any more help drop me a PM and your welcome to my mobile number for a chat if you need it. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #271279 3rd Oct 2013 11:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234