↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > new 1.6 defender !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
new 1.6 defender !
we'll not quite but thats got your attention !
please forgive me but I think I've got a problem with my wifes 1.6hdi (common rail) 110ps seems to have a problem. for the last week there has been a low water warning on the dash board - I presumed it was the windscreen wash. Had a look under the bonnet and filled it up, only it was almost full? while I was there I had a look at the engine coolant and that appeared to be on the max too?

anyway the wife has gone off today and turns out that the low water warning is accompanied with a thermometer symbol too, so i guess its engine coolant related? could it be the water pump has failed? how would I check and can any one suggest what else to look for?

don't think its got anything to do with it but the car has ran on 100% bio for the last 18k / 18months.

thanks
Post #19030 28th Nov 2009 4:52pm
discocuzzy

England 
Throw it away, buy at least a 4 ltr V8, and the only good thing about veggie oil is its great for making all sorts of tasty fried food, not running it in your engine.

If you want to do something for the enviroment, recycle your television into some sophisticated evening wear for the wife..errr..that dont work either so.....

1) Put diesel in a diesel
2)Watch interesting and factual programmes like xfactor, come dancing and television x on your telly
3) send the Dorris to prada for evening wear.
4)Write 100 times "i must stop trying to save the world" leave that to Superman or Barak Abama
5)Stand in the corner with your dunces hat on.

6) Check the rad and water pump Thumbs Up You cannot teach stupid people to do clever things
Post #19067 28th Nov 2009 9:07pm
Caterham

discocuzzy

I was wetting my pants laughing reading items 1 - 5 then spotted item 6 - thanks
(ps X factor is on in the back ground as the little ones were watching it)

my initial thoughts were the water pump - how do I know if its working or not?
also the rad - what could be wrong with it and again how do I check?

thank you.

ps. aren't you impressed with the common rail engine running 100% bio for the last 18 months? (homemade).
Post #19091 28th Nov 2009 10:28pm
discocuzzy

England 
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up i was just having a bit of a giggle writing it!

Just check all the hoses from the pump/rad for blockages etc, you should here the pump whiring away when in operation, if not , smack it with a hammer, if that dont work, throw the car away Whistle

Re the bio fuel, fair play to you..im getting visions of you looking like Denzil Dextor, the mad scientist off the fast show Thumbs Up

Does the wifes car smell like tikka massala and vegetable Samousas, or is it that cheap perfume you bought her from Ali babbas stall at Cleethorpes market? You cannot teach stupid people to do clever things
Post #19095 28th Nov 2009 10:46pm
Caterham

throw it away - it is a citreon after all Very Happy

again thanks for the advice.

the car does smell but nothing to do with the bio.....well not exactly, more to do with spilling 20ltrs of waste cooking oil from the indian restaurant in the boot on the way home from a collect ! Embarassed

other than that, the exhauast fumes are bearly percievable, probably because there is so few of them?
Post #19120 29th Nov 2009 3:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1