↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > lightforce lamps... making them white like led's
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Likeomg

2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
lightforce lamps... making them white like led's
having just got a pair of speaker headlights, wondering about making my light force mounted to the a bar appear more white, is it as simple as putting the blue covers on or is there a bulb mod etc that allows for a whiter light... might look into the HID but the stock light out put is amazing, i know everybody is going led light bars now but i think i prefer the look of spots from the a bar...

cheers.
Post #242918 12th Jun 2013 9:05am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Sell yours on and go for the Lightforce HIDs then! If as you state the stock output light is amazing (which it is I have the 240XGTs) why do you want to muck about with them? They're spotlights and no oncoming motorist is going to say "Ooooh look that's wonderful he has matching led headlinghts and spots!" Before you burn the retinas or corneas from his eyes.
I have the same Speakers and Lightforces and haven't given it a thought! Now I have I think it's daft personally.

Rolling with laughter If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #242919 12th Jun 2013 9:15am
Likeomg

2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
It was just a thought if there was a easy mod or anything..

They get used a fair amount trunderling around the Lake District about the lakes and farms so I use them a rather lot on the deserted roads..
Post #242922 12th Jun 2013 9:20am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Lightforce are excellent lights and it is the quality of the reflectors that make them so. I found once you head into HID territory the lights become expensively prohibitive for example the same size as my 240s in HID will cost me approximately £600 - £650 more.
I am not aware of any 'bulb upgrade' but as stated if they're fit for your purpose leave them alone. Who cares about light emission colour as long as you yourself can see?

Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #242924 12th Jun 2013 9:30am
smb

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Are you wanting to do it so the LR looks more aesthetically pleasing or are you wanting more performance or a better 'type' of light effect?
If its the first then you will just have to decide how much money you want to spend and what 'look' you want.

If its the second then you could upgrade to 35wHID or with more money go for 55wHID or with even more get some 75wHID specially imported. Or, if you didn't want to spend £100s/£1000s get some Crystal Blue filters for them. The light you see reflected back is cleaner and appears crisper. You could always do both for amazing results!

Are you wanting to light up at distance or close-up? If distance, make sure you go for spot and do not get combo as they soak up a lot of the light output.

If Close-Up is your thing then get LED's.

I've found the HID's absolutely brilliant for distance, but mediocre for close-up so as we'll as 8x55wHID's for the distance I got a 50"LED from WelshSurferDude and all I can say is the total performance needs to be seen to be believed Cool Cool Cool Cool
Post #243060 12th Jun 2013 8:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1