↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > Leather for sale ( Puma )
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
TD5_dan

2001 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Java Black
Yea each to their own, I think it looks great and most people will never require winches and snorkels so why not spend that money on something that makes the interior a nicer place to be. GLWTS Killer! 2001 TD5 110 County Station Wagon - sold
1970 Series 2A Station Wagon
1970 Series 2A hard top
1960 Series 2
1972 Series 3
Post #233372 7th May 2013 10:56am
Birdy

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
C’mon, if someone thinks a Big Fat Gypsy Land Rover looks cool, so what? No worse than the truckies who drive around at night with more fairy lights than the Trafalgar Square Christmas decorations.

Peter
Post #233388 7th May 2013 12:37pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Birdy wrote:
C’mon, if someone thinks a Big Fat Gypsy Land Rover looks cool, so what? No worse than the truckies who drive around at night with more fairy lights than the Trafalgar Square Christmas decorations.

Peter

Or a numberplate in the window with a nickname on it. Rolling with laughter Usually some thing like "The Bear" or something silly.
Rolling with laughter Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽ï¸ðŸ›¢ï¸ðŸ‘¨â€ðŸ”§ðŸ§°âš™ï¸ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #233476 7th May 2013 4:22pm
bpman

2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
JSG wrote:
If rubber was an option at the time then I would have had it
Shocked

But I have to agree with you John, it looks really nice in it's place but not in a defender and it's defo not dog or children friendly but each to their own, some defenders are working vehicles, some are overlanders, some are show vehicles.

(Some people don't like my F&I, although there seems to be a trend towards black roofs and black wheel arches)

sorry Chris going Off Topic
Post #233518 7th May 2013 5:55pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
No problem Steve, seems everyone else has gone off topic anyways Laughing Laughing If you dont like leather ill have your seats out of the Ice mate Whistle

Any ways everything is provisionally SOLD!! apart from the gearstick Thumbs Up [/u] CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #233531 7th May 2013 6:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ericvv

Switzerland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
bpman wrote:
....although there seems to be a trend towards black roofs and black wheel arches

I love black roofs and black wheel arches too.................................. together with all the rest also black Whistle Laughing

Friendly message to JSG: LIVE AND LET LIVE Thumbs Up You never actually own a Defender. You merely look after it for the next generation.
http://youtu.be/yVRlSsJwD0o
https://youtu.be/vmPr3oTHndg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GtzTT9Pdl0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABqKPz28e6A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLZ49Jce_n0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvAsz_ilQYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8tMHiX9lSw
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dxwjPuHIV7I
https://vimeo.com/201482507
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSixqL0iyHw
Post #233537 7th May 2013 6:55pm
bpman

2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Killer90 wrote:
No problem Steve, seems everyone else has gone off topic anyways Laughing Laughing If you dont like leather ill have your seats out of the Ice mate [/u]

they are suede too, you probably won't like them Thumbs Up
Post #233543 7th May 2013 7:12pm
Jez676

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
I'm probably going to get into trouble with the following comments but here goes...

With the new legislation on taxation, all new defenders are classed as commercial vehicles. If you are lucky enough to be able to run a company car then Defenders suddenly make a lot of sense. A range rover even with the new diesel low emissions will cost somewhere in the region of £500 a month in benefit in kind to a high rate tax payer. If he chose a defender instead it would cost him or her £500 a year in tax and RFL at commercial rates, not to mention the reclaiming of the VAT towards the purchase cost.It therefore makes sense that the small percentage of defender owners that are used to leather and carpet and soundproofing in their old company cars can still put all the luxuries they want into their defender and still be quids in financialy.

Surely if Landrover wanted the defender to be solely a workhorse they would only have one model.

Landrover recognize that there are a huge number of customers that want practicality, a brand name and an image allied to the trades move towards greener vehicle manufacture.This is probably one of the reasons they want to replace the defender. It's all about profit at the end of the day and the world market demands a better car than the current defender.
The original range rover was utilitarian with no real optional extras, it evolved into a luxury vehicle because that is what it's customers wanted.

If your a pig farmer then no your probably not wanting to put leather or suede in your defender. If you go properly off roading in your defender you would have to modify it such as different tyres, a winch maybe a lift, protection for steering and diffs Etc. None of which is standard for a Defender and like leather and suede its an option you choose to put in your own car. If you want to heavily modify your defender to go rock crawling or if you want to retrim your defender in goat skin it's up to the owner. It's not wrong in the individuals eyes, its their car for their needs.

Cars like wives are very emotive things. If you strip women down to their basic function they are for procreation and bringing up children. However like cars they come in various shapes and sizes as well as different states of neurosis/tune. No two wives are the same as we all have different personal tastes. My wife for instance looks particularly fetching in leather and alcantara even though she is a pig farmer Whistle
Post #233682 7th May 2013 11:02pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
^^^^ Rolling with laughter Great post Jez! Bow down If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #233683 7th May 2013 11:05pm
smb

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Jez, you couldn't have said it better Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Post #233688 7th May 2013 11:53pm
Thud

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Zermatt Silver
Personally, I prefer the look of the plastics, vinyls and rubber over leather in a Defender. All adds to the Tonka toy feel.
Every car in the world now has leather with a bit of contrast stitching to make us feel we are in the lap of luxury. I'm bored of the lack of imagination.
However, if you must get all 'Changing Rooms' in your truck then Matt is the Laurence Llewelyn Bowen of choice. I might even ask him to cover my cubby box in canvas to match the seat covers. ... oh, and maybe a nice set of canvas curtains too.
Post #233697 8th May 2013 7:05am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
K9F

Thud wrote:
oh, and maybe a nice set of canvas curtains too.

Why not get measured up for some beef ones instead? You''ll look a right tw4t!

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Well....someone did mention curtains.... Embarassed If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #233706 8th May 2013 8:04am
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Bow down CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #233710 8th May 2013 8:18am
custom90

United Kingdom 
K9F wrote:
Thud wrote:
oh, and maybe a nice set of canvas curtains too.

Why not get measured up for some beef ones instead? You''ll look a right tw4t!

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Well....someone did mention curtains.... Embarassed

Trust you Mal to come up with that. Rolling with laughter Were you drooling like this:

At the time? Razz Whistle Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽ï¸ðŸ›¢ï¸ðŸ‘¨â€ðŸ”§ðŸ§°âš™ï¸ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #233743 8th May 2013 10:29am
K9F

custom90steve wrote:
Trust you Mal to come up with that. Rolling with laughter Were you drooling like this: At the time? Razz Whistle

No Steve I wasn't! Laughing I was contemplating where I could get stuck into one of these actually and where to buy in St Malo France....when somebody mentioned curtains...

If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #233749 8th May 2013 10:58am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12