↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Winch servicing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Alex e

England 2006 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Zambezi Silver
Winch servicing
After trying to winch the whole forest of trees at once down to the new log bridge at broughrood (or however you spell it) i have had a little "issue" with my winch. the issue is that it doesn't work anymore Big Cry it seemed ok when we made the first winch all the way to the car, i moved the car so we could start winching again and started to un-wind the cable and it apperared to go down a gear. Confused we pulled about 100ft off the drum and started to pull it back in when it started to sound like i was crunching something, (didn't sound like like it was causing too much damage so i carried on for another couple of feet.

needless to say after that i decided to stop and wind it back in with no load on it, the winch was running very slowly and after i got another 10 feet or so on the drum it stopped, then clicked when pressing either in or the out control. the winch was slightly hot but you could still touch the motor with a bear hand (i had one in the pick up Thud ) as it was the end of the day we thought it was best to get the cable off the drum and go home.

this was on sunday and i tried the winch today and nothing, just the single clicking. Does anyone know what could've happened to make it stop working, and what i would need to fix it?

the winch is a warn M8274.

When Andrew organised a group of us to take the bridge down, i was speaking to someone who services winches but i've forgotten who they were Embarassed he was co-driving with someone on here so i thought this would be the first place to ask!
Post #1374 14th Feb 2008 4:58pm
AndrewS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red
I will look at it Chap Thumbs Up May not be able to fix it though Embarassed

Call ARBIL or what ever they are called and have a chat with them.
Post #1375 14th Feb 2008 6:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1