↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > help with fuel pipe
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
shazzy90

help with fuel pipe
hi does anyone know about the 4 pipes that are fitted to the top of the fuel pump?the problem i have the black one has snapped,i have joined this back together in a temporary way and it still works and done lots of miles but i would like to drop the tank again and fix it properly,my question does the black pipe only run to the filter housing?can i replace just the black pipe?where can i get the new pipe/pipes from thanks
Post #226117 10th Apr 2013 7:57pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
The four pipes are:-

White - air bleed from filter back to tank. Low pressure, and shouldn't ever have fuel in it if the bleed membrane is working.

Green - high pressure (c.85psi IIRC) from HP stage of pump to fuel regulator on cylinder head.

Blue - low pressure feed to filter.

Black (no coloured sleeve) - low pressure return from filter into HP stage of pump.

I am not sure what the situation about replacement pipes for a Defender is I'm afraid, but on the TD5 Disco you can either buy a set of all 4 or the green HP pipe on its own. On the Disco it's usually the green that leaks and I think LR were getting so many warranty claims at on time (there was also a recall) that they made the green one available to save costs.

A sensible repair, especially on an LP line should last indefinitely, and on the TD5 even the HP line isn't actually very HP (the actual injection pressure, generated in the head, is several thousand psi).

A set of the 4 pipes for the Disco costs around £140. I know this because only today I bought a set because, after 11 years and over 200k miles, my green one has pinholed.
Post #226186 10th Apr 2013 10:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1