↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > heated seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ade666

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Belize Green
heated seats
Hi guys. I understand fitting any other seats into a fender means limited access to the ecu etc and i'm prepared for that but i'm curious about heated seats. Mine has them in now and if i buy a set of say bmw heated can i use the existing wiring. Is it a case of just joining the seat wires to my loom or would it be better to either ignore the heated option or just buy newer defender seats.

Thanks

Ade
Post #223156 29th Mar 2013 12:47pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
They should be a simple cut and rejoin maybe with a loom of some sort inbetween Thumbs Up CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #223158 29th Mar 2013 1:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ade666

Thanks killer. I thought they might all work the same but its better asking than sitting and watching the fender burning to the ground
Post #223160 29th Mar 2013 1:17pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

ade666 wrote:
Thanks killer. I thought they might all work the same but its better asking than sitting and watching the fender burning to the ground

Rolling with laughter now you said that don't hold me to it Whistle Laughing The only difference most of the time is how the back of the switch looks which depends on how many wires come out of the back e.g for for illumination Thumbs Up CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Post #223164 29th Mar 2013 1:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
taffrican

Wales 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Java Black
I think the only thing to bear in mind would be the power consumption of the replacement seat (heater element) you may have to upgrade/downgrade the protection (fuse) Thumbs Up Optimists say the glass is half full..
Pessimists say the glass is half empty..
Engineers say the glass is twice the size it needs to be!
Post #223260 29th Mar 2013 7:47pm
ade666

I wont hold you too your word killer. Your right taffrican never thought of that. How about non heated seats then take the pads out of the defender ones and put in new seats or do we think that is a boat load of nightmares
Post #223356 30th Mar 2013 2:58am
Killer90
Site Sponsor

ade666 wrote:
I wont hold you too your word killer. Your right taffrican never thought of that. How about non heated seats then take the pads out of the defender ones and put in new seats or do we think that is a boat load of nightmares

The covers are really easy to remove mate only clipped in under there Thumbs Up CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Post #223394 30th Mar 2013 10:44am
taffrican

Wales 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Java Black
If you can dismantle the original seats without damage then it wouldn't hurt to have a look, if the heater elements can be removed then that would be the way to go, I've never dismantled seats myself so I can't say how much trouble it would be. Optimists say the glass is half full..
Pessimists say the glass is half empty..
Engineers say the glass is twice the size it needs to be!
Post #223561 30th Mar 2013 10:56pm
ade666

Thanks guys. I'm going to try and get some heated disco seats and install them. Then i can take the defender apart and see if the heater pads can be removed. I wonder if disco heated seats work the same as defender ones
Post #223877 1st Apr 2013 2:37pm
Photoguy1510

New Zealand 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Orkney Grey
Never uprate fuses, want to see a car go up in flames thats a good way to do it. The fuse is there to protect the wireing not the component. If it blows the fuse check the componenent ( this case the heater) if its ok upgrade the wire to the fuse and then only can you uprate the fuse to the new wires speck.

Start by looking at the fuse in the say bmw or ranger for the heated seats if its the same as the one in the car you want in stall it you should be ok. 2013 Orkney Grey 110 SE on order should be here on 20/04
Post #228705 18th Apr 2013 9:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1