↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > Free to a good home.....Roof Tiles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Thor

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Free to a good home.....Roof Tiles
These have been stacked against the front of my house since I moved in last May and getting rid of them has been on my list of things to do. I have now reached point 963,382 on the list of things to do, so they're up for grabs.

Whom ever wants them will need to collect them from Didcot near Oxford. I have no idea how many are there, MOST of them are the red ones that are in the 2nd and 3rd photo but there's a couple of grey ones to. I know nothing about roof tiles so can't really help more.

I'll leave them on here for a week and if no one wants them they'll end up down the dump.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Strong people are harder to kill and generally more useful!
Post #215696 3rd Mar 2013 10:39am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Thor,

Is there not a reclamation yard in your area such as the one below in mine?

http://www.ace-reclamation.co.uk/

When I had an extension/loft conversion I paid a princely sum for clay/terracotta tiles not unlike yours to keep my roof the same. For the sake of a couple of calls you may get something for them and they may even collect free too perhaps? Just a thought.....

Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #215700 3rd Mar 2013 10:57am
Thor

K9F,

that's a good shout mate cheers, I'll have a look around but at he same time will honour my advert on here for the week while I look about. Strong people are harder to kill and generally more useful!
Post #215709 3rd Mar 2013 11:36am
K9F

Do not dump the clay ones......

^^^^Welcome! It would be a shame to see them dumped as there would be someone somewhere that would greatly appreciate them, you could possibly charge extra for the aged look for the moss and bird poo on them!

Alternatively see if there's any building improvements/conversions going on in your area and do a bit of 'door knocking!'

I've got about 150 stacked up behind my garage as the odd one does get 'frost blown' and delaminate/crumble. I've then got matching spares to swap them out with! My original ones on my roof are from 1935 when the bungalow was built and are of a far superior quality to those with about a 40 year lifespan of today!

If you've the same on your roof find somewhere better to stash them and keep a few back would be my strong advice, they can be hard to source and cost a lot too!

Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #215714 3rd Mar 2013 11:47am
Thor

No mate, the tiles are free....the moss and bird poo costs extra!!

I know what you mean, i have a pile of them around the back of the garage....30/40 tiles maybe thinking that will be enough for the odd one coming off the roof of the house or garage. Strong people are harder to kill and generally more useful!
Post #215716 3rd Mar 2013 12:02pm
K9F

The normal flat 'Peg' ones currently go for 'from 54 pence each.' Yours are larger and shaped, think of your Land Rover wish-list before you give or throw them away.....

Whistle

http://www.ace-reclamation.co.uk/details.asp?ID=1486 If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #215720 3rd Mar 2013 12:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1