↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Wheels & Tyres > tyre gone down overnight
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
big steve

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Montalcino Red
tyre gone down overnight
got home from work last night my landy hadnt moved far it was still on the drive all looking fine didnt notice anything wrong,
but get up this morning for work at 6 i go outside and jump in the car and notice that my landy is over to one side the front drivers side tyre was totally flat sitting on the rim ??

i didnt have time to look this morning but im extremely confused as iv never known a tyre just to go down over night the truck hasnt moved for 3 days ?

whats the protocal if someone has taken it upon there selfs to kill my tyre ?

steve 2015 2.2 tdci hardtop xs
3.2 conversion DONE 238bhp and 707nm torque and thats just the start ;-P
hybrid turbo in build -done ready to fit
ashcroft atb in transfer box
6 speed auto in build
Post #212562 20th Feb 2013 8:40am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
appaloosadude

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Havana
You need to report it via 101, as a criminal damage to vehicle. But perhaps it is a puncture?
Post #212577 20th Feb 2013 9:53am
leeds

United Kingdom 
Criminal damage or slow puncture?

Let's say small slit/puncture in side wall or grit in bead, which is in lower part of the tyre. As air slowly escapes more weight is thrown onto tyre wall which opens up slit allowing air to escape faster??

Need to take tyre off and do a inspection and repair and try to find out cause of damage.

Criminal damage? Have you upset someone? Surely they would have gone for more tyres and so cause you real problems?

Brendan
Post #212601 20th Feb 2013 11:18am
big steve

ok well its on mach 5 beadlocks with tubes so the bead one is out if it is criminal damage thye have just Censored one of my simex extreme trekkers up then b***tards i will find out on ispection when i get home from work

cheers for your help guys Thumbs Up

6 speed auto in build
Post #212606 20th Feb 2013 11:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
davew

England 1990 Defender 90 V8 Petrol PU Auto Rioja Red
Have had this happen twice on my Defender in the last few months, both times it was due to grit/mud in the bead. Took the tyre off using the trusty tyreplier kit, cleaned the crap out and reseated it.

Put some air in the tyre and check to see where it's coming out, try spraying the outer bead with water and look for bubbles. The valve is also worth checking, especially if you've been airing the tyres up/down and haven't cleaned the area before removing the cap and putting air in. http://www.yorkshireoffroadclub.net/
Post #212608 20th Feb 2013 11:28am
davew

England 1990 Defender 90 V8 Petrol PU Auto Rioja Red
Didn't see your post before I posted... why on earth are you using tubes with bead locks ???? Every time you air down you'll get crap between the tube and the tyre.

It can take a while for a puncture to appear and they're often slow, especially when using a tubeless tyre and rim. The "overnight" thing is pretty meaningless as you won't normally see the tyre "collapse" under the weight until it gets down below 10 psi.

Anyway, assuming it's not due to an "outside influence" it's probably a bit of grit between the tyre and the tube that's worn a hole in it. Simex aren't designed to run with tubes so it's always worth checking the inside of the tyre for any abrasive bits and always use lashings of talcum powder on the tube and inside the tyre when fitting. Perfumed or not perfumed I leave to your taste Smile http://www.yorkshireoffroadclub.net/
Post #212610 20th Feb 2013 11:38am
big steve

they are as i bought them from mr buck him self iv never aired them down yet i just hope it is a puncture i only used it saturday and all was fine as you probly know they can be a pig on the road with different air presure in the tyres

6 speed auto in build
Post #212618 20th Feb 2013 12:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1