↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Recommendations for tree sliders
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
reidzer

Recommendations for tree sliders
Does anybody have a recommendation for tree sliders (sill ones!)?

I have side steps at the moment which nobody liked but after a wee slide off of a road into a ditch the step took most of the weight of the 110 against a dyke, so they did there job but now need replaced since 1 is now just about folded in 2!,

Would just like see what people have and what there opinion is?
Post #198530 3rd Jan 2013 12:03am
leeds

United Kingdom 
With questions like that you will NOT get an agreement on what is best!

There is a lot of choices out there. In my opinion probably the best are the WVA/Safari Equip ones which are made in the UK

We have them fitted to our Defenders 90 and 110 and have tried them out in 'anger' I have managed to bend one, however that was the least of my worries as I had bent the chassis and the front axle so minor damage to the R + T slider was not a major concern.

There are cheaper ones on the market and also more expensive ones. However most of the competition in the UK come with either a paint or powder coated finish. Damage the coating and they will RUST.

The WVA/Safari Equip ones comes hot dipped galvanised and then powder coated. Damage the powder coating by say sliding into concrete bollards due to black ice Whistle the concrete bollards will be laying on the ground with a black stripe on them, however two years later the tree sliders will not be rusty. Do not ask me how I know Whistle These are the ones we use, recommend and supply

I notice you are in Aberdeenshire, now depending on your post code (remote area etc) will depend on carriage costs.

One tip with tree sliders is to put anti slip tape on top of the tree slider but NOT on the outside edge.

Brendan
Post #198534 3rd Jan 2013 12:31am
Andy Jeff

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Chawton White
Whilst these guys are sometimes slow in their service, their products are top draw and I would happily buy from them again.

http://www.rock-sliders.co.uk/

Andy.
Post #198535 3rd Jan 2013 12:32am
SteveG

2005 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Belize Green
If you expect it to be used a lot against rocks etc, get painted galvanised ones as they are best to maintain. If just occasional use, mantec ones are the best fit and give close to factory look, but still work well, just powder coated not galvanised.

Cheers

Steve
Post #198536 3rd Jan 2013 12:32am
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
As Brendan says there is alot of choice out there. I have only recently started to sell some which IMO are great value for money compared to the other big names out there. Prices are still to be updated on my site but i have the price file all sorted and will update tommorow

Photo shows both rock sliders and tree sliders- can be shot blasted and galvanized or supplied in powder coat, or both Mr. Green CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #198537 3rd Jan 2013 12:49am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bob neville

Spain 2001 Defender 90 Td5 SW Epsom Green
Andy Jeff wrote:
Whilst these guys are sometimes slow in their service, their products are top draw and I would happily buy from them again.

http://www.rock-sliders.co.uk/

Andy.

Agreed Thumbs Up

A few of us on here have their sliders fitted and I have heard nothing but praise for them.

Service is slow as Andy said.

Bob 2015 Jaguar XE240 R Sport - goes like ....... !!
2013 Defender 90 CSW - sold
2009 Defender 110 Double Cab - sold
2001 TD5 90 CSW - offroad project - sold to a forum member
2011 Porsche Boxster - for the sunny days !
Post #198560 3rd Jan 2013 9:36am
reidzer

Thanks for the replies.

Now just to see if they will post to Aberdeenshire! You would think it's mars but it's 5 minutes from the town!
Post #198708 3rd Jan 2013 7:17pm
BigWheels

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
leeds wrote:
With questions like that you will NOT get an agreement on what is best!

There is a lot of choices out there. In my opinion probably the best are the WVA/Safari Equip ones which are made in the UK

We have them fitted to our Defenders 90 and 110 and have tried them out in 'anger' I have managed to bend one, however that was the least of my worries as I had bent the chassis and the front axle so minor damage to the R + T slider was not a major concern.

There are cheaper ones on the market and also more expensive ones. However most of the competition in the UK come with either a paint or powder coated finish. Damage the coating and they will RUST.

The WVA/Safari Equip ones comes hot dipped galvanised and then powder coated. Damage the powder coating by say sliding into concrete bollards due to black ice Whistle the concrete bollards will be laying on the ground with a black stripe on them, however two years later the tree sliders will not be rusty. Do not ask me how I know Whistle These are the ones we use, recommend and supply

I notice you are in Aberdeenshire, now depending on your post code (remote area etc) will depend on carriage costs.

One tip with tree sliders is to put anti slip tape on top of the tree slider but NOT on the outside edge.

Brendan

Can you link where those you sell are on your web site. I couldn't see any under exterior protection. Confused Land Rover Defenders. 67 years heritage, minimal appearance changes, still going strong all over the world. Not a fashion vehicle, but fashionable to own. Made for the needy, not the greedy. Ta ta Defender
Post #198742 3rd Jan 2013 9:21pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
BW, just told Barbara and she just groaned!

Are you after 90, 110 or 130's? Will give you a price

Brendan
Post #198779 3rd Jan 2013 10:55pm
couplands

United Kingdom 2001 Defender 90 Td5 HT Oslo Blue
Brendan,

I sent a PM asking same question about prices as I couldn't work the website.

I tried using the search function for a few things and got very random results. I think website is having a hissy-fit ( or it doesn't like iPads..!!)

Cheers

Simon
Post #198809 4th Jan 2013 12:22am
BigWheels

leeds wrote:
BW, just told Barbara and she just groaned!

Are you after 90, 110 or 130's? Will give you a price

Brendan

Thanks Brendan, for a 90 please. With tree sliders "nerf bars" Land Rover Defenders. 67 years heritage, minimal appearance changes, still going strong all over the world. Not a fashion vehicle, but fashionable to own. Made for the needy, not the greedy. Ta ta Defender
Post #198810 4th Jan 2013 12:33am
couplands

United Kingdom 2001 Defender 90 Td5 HT Oslo Blue
Any response on the price..?

Cheers

Simon
Post #199113 5th Jan 2013 1:15am
leeds

United Kingdom 
Sorry folks, sometimes life gets too busy and yes I do need the occasional gentle prod to remind me Razz

The standard rock and tree sliders we supply all come hot dipped galvanised and then powder coated. When you use the rock and tree sliders in anger then yes the powder coating will get damaged BUT they will not rust unlike other finishes available.

90 Rock and Tree (also know as Nerf bar) £240

110 Rock and Tree Slider £240

130 Rock and Tree Sliders £294

Prices include VAT but not delivery

We can also arrange 'specials'. For instance lowered steps for 130 when people are shall we say vertically challenged.

LOOK HERE

Click image to enlarge

Personally I believe chequer plate when it is wet is too slippery and becomes dangerous. I prefer anti slip tape

Click image to enlarge

Do NOT extend it down the outside edge as it is not good for trousers or bare legs!

If anyone is struggling to get hold of some give me a shout as I have some kicking around the lockup.

Brendan

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Last edited by leeds on 5th Jan 2013 7:47pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #199166 5th Jan 2013 1:31pm
williamthedog

2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 PU Tamar Blue
put terrafirma ones on mine.Easy to fit and are quite strong Thumbs Up
Post #199227 5th Jan 2013 7:37pm
BigWheels

Brendon, are the prices right? 90 & 110 cost the same? Question Land Rover Defenders. 67 years heritage, minimal appearance changes, still going strong all over the world. Not a fashion vehicle, but fashionable to own. Made for the needy, not the greedy. Ta ta Defender

Last edited by BigWheels on 5th Jan 2013 7:53pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #199235 5th Jan 2013 7:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>