↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Check your Noisekiller engine blanket for chafing !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Knot Yet

England 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
I'd agree - personally i feel they are a waste of money for the Puma even more so for the 2.2's, but they do have their place with the older vehicles Thumbs Up Defender 110 Puma Utility XS
Post #191497 7th Dec 2012 9:43am
rossy

Ireland 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Stornoway Grey
I'm baffled to hear tales of them not working. I've driven with and without it - it only takes 5 minutes to fit after all - and it roughly halves the engine noise IMO

One of the 2.2's accoustic embellishments (of which much was made by LR when it was introduced) is a little plastic cover with a bit of foam inside. The NK product is a big heavy leaden thing with a flap that tucks right down the back. How can it not work ???

Maybe its a personal perspective thing ( ie 'I've spent £100 on you so you WILL work dammit !' ). I know lots of guys say the Puma engine is dead quiet compared to other LR engines but I think its a big loud rough rattly lump that needs to be muffled by an expensive L - shaped leaden muzzle ! Laughing
Post #191503 7th Dec 2012 10:10am
Knot Yet

England 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Lol compared to the NA 90, 110 300tdi, and the TD5 our newest 2.2 is a quiet as a lamb I even struggle to hear if the engine is actually running Laughing Defender 110 Puma Utility XS
Post #191509 7th Dec 2012 10:16am
BigWheels

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Why I never bought one. Surely there are safe noise killing materials that can be used instead of lead. If your blanket is gamaged you might be breathinh in lead dust & lead oxide, both of which are toxic. I'm surprised the Noisekiller blanket is legal. Thud Land Rover Defenders. 67 years heritage, minimal appearance changes, still going strong all over the world. Not a fashion vehicle, but fashionable to own. Made for the needy, not the greedy. Ta ta Defender
Post #192151 9th Dec 2012 9:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12