↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Reclaiming the load space Puma 110 SW
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
CarlW

Scotland 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Reclaiming the load space Puma 110 SW
Since getting the Defender I've been disapointed at how the rear seat supports intrude on the rear load area even when the seats are stored. I don't use the rear seats that often and would prefer the storage space (seriously considered a USW) - but the seats are useful occasionally.

To fix this I've installed the Sense of Adventure rear drawer and also added a removable wooden platform between the back of the seats and the rear of the drawer. By removing the seat locking bars from the top of the drawer (which take about 15mins to refit if I need to use the seats) I now have a flat load space which is almost the full width of the rear door right up to the seats:

Click image to enlarge

The drawer is great bit of kit, well made, very strong and provides useful additional storage - just need a longer piece of rubber matting to complete the job!

Click image to enlarge

Also fitted a piece of 6mm ribbed rubber matting in the footwell for the rear seats, cut to size and fitted under the plastic surround for the row 2 seats:

Click image to enlarge

Thanks to Will at SoA - great guy to deal with MY11 110 XS Station Wagon in Stornoway
Post #184206 11th Nov 2012 11:37pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up top job looks a great storage system, is there much difference in one of these compared to a MSS one Mr. Green CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #184223 12th Nov 2012 12:53am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CarlW

Scotland 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Killer90 wrote:
is there much difference in one of these compared to a MSS one

Didn't look too closely at the MSS drawer (or any others) as the SoA version is the only one I'm aware of that retains the ability to use the seats. The top of the drawer is reinforced with steel under the chequer plate and ther are brackets that bolt through from the top and engage with the seat latching mechanisms MY11 110 XS Station Wagon in Stornoway
Post #184453 12th Nov 2012 9:22pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
looks very good quality, we got the MSS one in the 110 again very good and does the job well Thumbs Up CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #184459 12th Nov 2012 9:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Borro

Italy 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Santorini Black
The senseofadventure site seems to be off and i cannot find the "PUMA version" that allows to keep the back seats in the paranoid site (http://shop.paranoidindustries.com).
Does anyone have any info about where to find those? "Porthos" Defender 90 td4 santorini black - Winter is Coming
Post #545719 3rd Jul 2016 7:35pm
jon_a5

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but I wondered if anyone knew if these are still for sale? Or any alternatives?

Looking for a more permanent storage solution without losing the jump seats and this looks perfect.
Post #775923 2nd Jun 2019 5:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1