Home > Expedition & Overland > Charity World Record Expedition for BIBIC
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
drive4change

United Kingdom 1993 Defender 130 200 Tdi HCPU Alpine White
Charity World Record Expedition for BIBIC
Hi All,

Having scrolled through this forum on many an occasion, i thought i would register and say hi to all.

I just wanted to give you a bit of information on our world record expedition, as well as BIBIC, the charity we are doing all this for.

World Record Expedition...
Over the next few months, we will be stripping and rebuilding our 4th team member; a 200tdi Landrover Defender 130. The old girl is in a poor state having failed her MOT and must be feeling very sorry for herself. We are looking for donations of parts, advice and assistance from as many companies and individuals as possible in order to achieve this task. In return, we are more than happy to advertise businesses both on our vehicle, as well as on our website currently under construction.
We have already found some great friends willing to help us in the form of Lee at L & G Services, Lois and the team at YRM, Keith at CWS, Andrew at Allisport and Ash at AB Bodyworx to name a few.

In October 2013 the 'Drive4Change' team of myself (Steve Hancock), Tony Cole and Ben Worth, in order to raise as much money as possible for BIBIC, will travel from London to Cape Town covering 10,000 miles through 21 countries. The sole purpose to break the current record of 11 DAYS 14 HOURS 11 MINUTES set in 2010 by Mac MacKenney, Chris Rawlings and Steve MacKenney. Some of you may have read about their exploits in LRM recently. Prior to the 2010 expedition, this record had stood for 47 years.
"From high-speed motorways, across desert tracks and pot-holed roads, this journey is a true test of man and machine."

The Route...

Our intended route is as follows, although obviously external factors at the time may force a course correction or two.

EUROPE UK - France - Belgium - Holland - Germany - Austria - Slovenia - Croatia - Serbia - Bulgaria
ASIA Turkey - Syria - Jordan - Saudi Arabia
AFRICA Sudan - Ethiopia - Kenya - Tanzania - Zambia - Zimbabwe - South Africa

BIBIC...

Each year, hundreds of thousands of children are born with brain conditions that affect their social communication and learning abilities.

BIBIC is a national charity offering practical help to families caring for children with conditions like autism, cerebral palsy, downs syndrome, developmental delay, brain injury, and specific learning difficulties like ADHD, dyslexia and dyspraxia. After taking a tour of the BIBIC assessment centre and meeting some of the families touched by the charity, it was clear that we wanted to do anything we could to help. Together we can help a disabled child smile for the first time, play with friends, catch a ball or say 'I love you' after years of being unable to communicate. Well worth the effort! 'Drive 4 Change' was born!

Clearly this is a mammoth task and one which will require a lot of work and dedication. On behalf of BIBIC and the 'Drive4Change' team, we want to thank you for taking the time to read through this post and hope that some of you may be able to help us in some way.

Even the smallest parts donation or advice from people on the forum would go a long way to ensuring the success of our expedition.

If you feel that you can help us in any way, or you would like any more information from us, please do not hesitate to send us an email.

Many thanks,

Steve Hancock, Tony Cole, Ben Worth
The 'Drive4Change' Team
Drive4change@live.co.uk
Post #162137 15th Aug 2012 4:56pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Great cause, well done guys Thumbs Up

Is one of these any good to you ?

http://www.farrowsclassics.co.uk/-fcxEXPEDITION-LOKBOX-.html

If so PM me your address and I'll post one out to you.

Once your website is up and running let me know and I'll put a link on our website - Good luck with your endeavours Cool

Regards

Matt
Post #162139 15th Aug 2012 5:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
drive4change

Many thanks Matt. Thumbs Up

Pm sent.
Post #162193 15th Aug 2012 8:19pm
ibexman

United Kingdom 
PM me your address will send you a console radio/ non radio cheers Chris Defender consoles
Post #176499 17th Oct 2012 12:54pm
drive4change

Thanks a lot chris! Thumbs Up

Pm sent
Post #176522 17th Oct 2012 2:30pm
drive4change

Many thanks to Andrew @ Defenderbits.

Great to have him on board with us as a sponsor. Went to see him today at DefenderBits HQ. Great operation and his help is much appreciated!

Thanks again Andrew! Thumbs Up
Post #178727 24th Oct 2012 8:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1