↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Warning - my ATRIC has been nicked!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ZeDefender

Germany 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Baltic Blue
Warning - my ATRIC has been nicked!
Some thieving little Censored have stolen my ATRIC from my 110 sometime in the last few days Evil or Very Mad
They also took my iPod (an old one thank God) and a can of Red Bull.
They were all in the cubby box and I've only just noticed Evil or Very Mad
I can only think it must have been at Lidl or another supermarket if I left the car unlocked. It was bloody lucky (if you can call it that) that I haven't built the new HU or sub in yet Crying or Very sad

Just be reminded (although you are probably more careful than me) that the locking (or lack of) isn't always obvious Sad

As an afterthought, has anyone got a mod where a sound goes off when it locks/unlocks?

I now need to get another ATRIC before going to the dealers in a few weeks Shocked

Censored  Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
But shout it at them in German because life is also terrifying and confusing...
Post #161102 10th Aug 2012 1:10pm
pannawonica

Australia 
I am very sorry to hear your bad news. I doubt they know what the device actually is We all work hard to live the lifestyle to differing degrees with our Fenders. I have had a few knock backs by toe rags myself , chin up mate. Thumbs Up
Post #161109 10th Aug 2012 1:48pm
ZeDefender

Thanks Neutral
Everything is just going wrong today - hopefully the weekend will get better.
Have a good one,
Matt Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
Post #161111 10th Aug 2012 1:57pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
I have been very conscious of the weakness of the Defender locking system since an incident a year or so back when for about a week I was parking up and locking mine without realising that due to a broken wire in one of the rear door harnesses one rear door was not locking. You can't actually see the rear door buttons to check that the door's locked from outside, so I simply didn't realise that I was leaving one door unlocked until I opened it one day and the alarm went off. Even then it took a while to figure out why!

So now I alway try to park with one side against a wall or similar, and then check both door handles before leaving the vehicle.

Sorry to hear of your loss.
Post #161116 10th Aug 2012 2:07pm
Shax

England 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Re: Warning - my ATRIC has been nicked!
ZeDefender wrote:
Some thieving little Censored have stolen my ATRIC from my 110 sometime in the last few days Evil or Very Mad
They also took my iPod (an old one thank God) and a can of Red Bull.
They were all in the cubby box and I've only just noticed Evil or Very Mad
I can only think it must have been at Lidl or another supermarket if I left the car unlocked. It was bloody lucky (if you can call it that) that I haven't built the new HU or sub in yet Crying or Very sad

Just be reminded (although you are probably more careful than me) that the locking (or lack of) isn't always obvious Sad

As an afterthought, has anyone got a mod where a sound goes off when it locks/unlocks?

I now need to get another ATRIC before going to the dealers in a few weeks Shocked

Censored

You could fit a Piezo beeper wired to the 12v feed of the central locking motor.. When the doors are locked, the beeper goes off, same when they unlock.. Should be a relatively simple mod to do, probably easier to wire it up to the back door, as there is more room to mount it. ... ,-------,
.. I [__][_]|__
.. I __ |"_|"__|
.. "(o)====(o)"
^^_-^-_^-^_^^^^^--^^^^
PAUL
G7ALW 14.200 USB
26FB458 / 27.275 SSB
Post #161585 13th Aug 2012 11:14am
ZeDefender

Re: Warning - my ATRIC has been nicked!
Shax wrote:
You could fit a Piezo beeper wired to the 12v feed of the central locking motor.. When the doors are locked, the beeper goes off, same when they unlock.. Should be a relatively simple mod to do, probably easier to wire it up to the back door, as there is more room to mount it.

Thanks - that's the kind of idea I should have thought of Embarassed
Especially as I now have a nice HU and sub in the vehicle...
Also Gary at Alive might have a fix for my LR/ATRIC problem Whistle Top bloke Thumbs Up Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
Post #161618 13th Aug 2012 1:19pm
megatoad

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
blackwolf wrote:
I have been very conscious of the weakness of the Defender locking system since an incident a year or so back when for about a week I was parking up and locking mine without realising that due to a broken wire in one of the rear door harnesses one rear door was not locking. You can't actually see the rear door buttons to check that the door's locked from outside, so I simply didn't realise that I was leaving one door unlocked until I opened it one day and the alarm went off. Even then it took a while to figure out why!

So now I alway try to park with one side against a wall or similar, and then check both door handles before leaving the vehicle.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

I know what you mean, I noticed the servos were not as noisy only to do the same thing, the wife opened the so called locked o/s rear.

Took it to the dealer who replaced the front o/s front striker under warranty !!! 2nd time they got it right and replaced the rear lock servo.

I must confess, I never really trust the remote locking servos and often wander round checking the doors now.
Post #161622 13th Aug 2012 2:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1