↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > 2007 tdci stalling after 15min drive SOLVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
wslr

United Kingdom 
I guess this is why we have to use two stroke oil to lubricate the fuel systems as well?
Post #164763 27th Aug 2012 7:37pm
Lorryman100

I have used it in my Puma since new when using lower grades of diesel. I don't use 2 stroke with BP ultimate as the engine sounds the same as using lower grade supermarket fuel with 2 stroke added.
The below link is about the use of 2 stroke in Pumas.

http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic9189.html

Brian.
Post #164765 27th Aug 2012 7:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wslr

United Kingdom 
I had our Castrol rep in the other day and I thought I'd ask him to obtain some suitable JASO FC two stroke. He asked why and I told him and he had a heart attack - Something about being in the industry 30 years and never once hearing about this. Rolling with laughter

Well, every day is a school day I suppose?
Post #164767 27th Aug 2012 7:56pm
erik l

Belgium 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HT Fuji White
brian,

thx for the interesting replies.
Since i dont have the LR bleeding system or similar, i filled the fuel filter completely with fresh fuel, as well as all the fuel lines that i removed, and sucked the line that goes from tank to fuel filter til the fuel came out... (bit of Flintstone style Very Happy) just hooked everything up, started, and i had no problems with air pockets in the fuel system whatsoever.
As for the silicone contamination, i cant see anywhere in the filler pipe or tank where silicone kit is originally used, so it must have come from the fuel itself. My defender is a former Spanish council vehicle. A friend of mine (via who i got my car) has a garage in Benidorm, Spain, and he told me that all government or council vehicles fill up at the same chain of fuel stations (A brand), which has something to do with the contract on fuel cards. So how the fuel got contaminated is a question to me, maybe the spanish diesel contains more bio...
Anyway, i only use Shell V-power diesel myself, great results in minimising carbon build up and fuel consumption.
Since i hardly ever use the motorways, i think it's useful to put in some Fuel System Cleaner / Fuel Guard or similar now and then.
I work for Mercedes and the factory also advices this, especially for people who dont use motorways or drive slow (read as elderly people Very Happy ). We do use a different product for the Euro5 engines (with DPF - Diesel Partikel Filter)) as to the previous engines, might be worth checking if your product is suited for your new 2.2. As is putting in the correct engine oil when you have DPF - it will definitely clog up if you use the wrong oil, seen it several times on brand new Mercedes... and the DPF are costly items to replace...

grtz

erik
Post #164959 28th Aug 2012 8:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12