↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > intermittent rear wiper
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
niglyn

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Nope no sign of a second fob. Can see the wiring loom on the LH side coming out from the readiator cowling, but nothing on it. Spoke to LR customer care and asked how many fobs come with the vehicle.Was told to speak to the dealer! Needless to say I chewed his ear off. He eventually came back with the answer "it comes with two"

Are all LR dealer cr*p? Mine will get a visit from me tomorrow.
Post #12095 17th Jun 2009 5:10pm
SJM

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Hi - I picked up my new 90XS in March, and got two fobs with it. I read quite a few poor things on here about LR dealers, but have to say mine has been very good. I've bought three cars from them over last 4 years now - had a few probs with the first purchase, but all been very good for last 2 or 3 yrs. If you are in South East then try Beadles in Sidcup - been very good for me.

HTH, Simon
Post #14714 27th Aug 2009 1:56pm
dgardel

Italy 
niglyn wrote:
Just picked up my new XS Very Happy It drives like a dream compared to my 07 plate. ............

what do you mean???? could you explain better?

Daniele
Post #14731 27th Aug 2009 5:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
niglyn

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Hi Daniele,

My 07 always ran lumpy. It was like a 70'c petrol car on a damp autumn morning and would kangaroo. When accelerating up slight hills it would 'miss a beat' almost like a petrol car missing. It would also loose all power on motorways at 70 mph, the engine would just go to idle until below 30 mph when it would carry on as if nothing ever happened. I often thought it was down to my foot bouncing on the accelerator pedal making it surge, however I disproved this after forcing the dealer to let me drive another vehicle to compare (I do mean force), they tried everything to stop me, comments like 'we don't have one of your model' and you can't compare to a new model as they are different now' this despite them having demo vehicles on the the forecourt!!! The dealer had it for weeks and could never fix it.

THe new 09 is so smooth compared to the 07. Suspension is still far harder than my 300Tdi, which had air shocks to protect the royal behind (was the Queens LR !!) although could never find a picture of her driving it. Wish I had taken the shocks off before selling it, to find out what they were. They were so much better than the standard ones.

They also have tried to rectify some of the problems of the first models, modified cluch & gearbox. The hoses have spacers or are sleeved to stop them rubbing. Not sure if the 07s had this, but reading posts on here about hoses rubbing through, this may be another mod.

Regards,
N.

Not sure what any of this has to do with an intermittend rear wash wipe Shocked
Post #14757 28th Aug 2009 9:28am
dgardel

Italy 
Thanks niglyn
Post #14758 28th Aug 2009 9:35am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12