↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > Fastidiously maintained 55 plate double cab XS for sale
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Landy nut

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Td5 PU Epsom Green
Fastidiously maintained 55 plate double cab XS for sale
I am selling my 55 plate Land Rover Defender XS double cab with 41k on the clock. Java black with matching black leather and FULL Land Rover service history from the same main dealer from new and under original warranty for another couple of months. Vehicle has also be fastidiously mechanically maintained by myself every 5-6k with full fluids and filter changes, propshaft greasing etc. If you want an idea of how fastidiously I look after it, I do double oil changes on her every 5-6k, so I do the first change, the run it for a couple of days, then do a second change. I also drain all the other fluids on the vehicle and replace everything with either Land Rover approved or upgraded parts etc. She has the usual XS refinements like leather, air con, heated seats, screen, traction control, ABS etc.

Fitted with colour coded java black truckman canopy, but I also have an Ifor Williams top in excellent condition with both the solid (with window) and mesh doors, which can be fitted instead. I also have the original sticks and canopy.
It has full tinted windows (rear passenger, sliding rear window and small curved ones in back) done at great expense in Devon by a top tinting company.

Vehicle currently has a decat downpipe and stainless midpipe replacement. I also have the original exhaust setup, which will be included in the sale. She is also fitted with a Mantec Land Rover approved aluminium steering guard and front and rear full wrap around QT services heavy duty diff guards (zinc plated). She is also fitted with rear armoured corners.

I have fitted new original Land Rover heavy duty suspension all round (the original front springs are included in the sale if you prefer)
The vehicle has a full chequerplate kit (bonnet, wings, sills, rear quarter panels and rear tub sections) in 3mm powder coated silver. It also has the alloy gearbox and transfer box knobs.
Land Rover original mats are fitted throughout the vehicle. I also have all the original parts that I have removed such as the mud flaps, bumper, springs etc. It comes with a fully adjustable Land Rover original factory fitted towpack and also a rear recovery eye. I will also supply the vehicle with a High Lift jack and adaptor as well as the usual factory jack. It also comes with 2 brand new jerry cans (in matching body colour!!) and the usual adapter spout and a spare seal.

It is fitted with boost alloys and has a brand new set of 5 BFG Mud Terrains 285/75/16, which have covered less than 1000 miles (almost £700 a set now). She is also fitted with TUV approved spacers.

This vehicle is in fantastic condition (the inside is like new), has NOT been abused offroad and is always commented on and admired wherever she goes. She has led a pampered life and has received nothing but the best in her years with me. If you need a second opinion on exactly how lovely this vehicle is, I am happy for you to speak to the Land Rover dealership where she was bought and has been serviced and looked after since new.

Under warranty, I have had the steering damper, crank sensor, air flow meter and the usual wiring harness and seals replaced, as well as new door seals. She has had the usual wiring loom, air flow meter etc done under warranty and she drives like new with a tight, smooth gearbox. There are no funny noises or rattles anywhere on the vehicle and everything works perfectly. It must be one of the only Land Rovers I know where you can drive along without the radio on and not hear any noises other than the wind!!

No body work corrosion or electrolysis etc anywhere and as it is a late one, it has all the new pressed frame doors, rather than the angled ones, so is much less prone to rot!!!
I also have an aluminium roofrack and ARB winch bumper (in top condition as it has only been fitted to the vehicle for about 9 months). These are not fitted to the vehicle and are not included in the sale, but can be purchased seperately if required.

This vehicle is only £180 per year to tax and is congestion charge exempt until beyond 2010 (checked on website) and has to be one of the best available as both mechanically and cosmetically it has been looked after exceptionally. As I say, I am happy for you to speak the the dealership where it was bought and has been looked after from new if you need a second independent opinion. I am a fastidious owner and regularly go around checking and tightening anything like wheel bearings etc and everything that is replaced gets upgraded as I go along.

The price is £15.5k, and includes a full oil change and delivery to the mainland at a cost to me.

It really is a lovely vehicle and I guarantee you will not be dissappointed.
Post #11240 23rd May 2009 11:32am
Landy nut

Have just contacted a dealer about my new car and am in negotiation with them about having it in part exchange, so any show of interest will need to be done quickly as I am going to hopefully purchase my new vehicle on Tuesday.

Landy nut
Post #11251 23rd May 2009 8:08pm
Landy nut

Well, I have now sold the Land Rover, so am no longer a Land Rover owner, but I will still be checking in now and again with you all to view and post.

Best wishes

Adam
Post #11302 26th May 2009 8:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1