↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Thinking of selling my 110!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Thinking of selling my 110!
Can't believe I am even thinking about this, and i stress i am just thinking, it just that logic sometimes has to take priority.

I would be basically swapping my TDCi for this a Cornish Yawl and freeing up about 5K to go towards an 8k Defender once I have also sold my Series and thrown in another 3K

I have a debt I will never be able to pay off, we only just break even each month and outgoings are ridiculously low! So we could sell my existing boat to pay off those debts. As my 110 is only being used for local daily trips and work there is a lot of money tied up in it when an 8K TDi or maybe TD5 would do the job equally as well! I don't care about age, I get an equal buzz from all Series/Defenders what ever model they are. A TDi would be better suited for scruffing around at work in also and we have a euro box for long distance stuff! I have huge enthusiasm for all Series/Defenders, they give me the same buzz and to release money to get my dream boat as well would be great Very Happy The boats also hold there value vey well.

Only thought of it an hour ago so nowhere near doing anything :shock:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Last edited by Zagato on 17th Jun 2012 10:01pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #150822 17th Jun 2012 9:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LR90XS2011

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
is it that scratch thats done it? DEFENDER 90 TDCI XS,

I hope everyone is well and your land rovers make you happy
Post #150827 17th Jun 2012 9:59pm
bm52

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Havana
whatever you don't rush into anything. even if you have an 'old' Defender you would probably have higher maintenance/repair costs and the costs of running the Euro-box. the 2 might add up to a very similar monthly outlay on your current Defender which will last you many many many years.....................and never rust! BM52
Post #150828 17th Jun 2012 9:59pm
bpman

2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
Zag - looks like someone has hacked your account and is blithering on about selling the 110

Don't do it - you'll regret it!
Post #150830 17th Jun 2012 10:03pm
BigRuss

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Would you class it as one carful owner or not? I think it's scratched somewhere! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Russell
2011MY 110 XS USW Black
Post #150836 17th Jun 2012 10:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
T1G UP

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
sell it, free up the funds and go for it.

you've considered it so your there mentally. getting what you need for the 110 may be an issue now its a cat D Rolling with laughter

youre only here once Zag, sell the house live on the boat more to cornwall and get a 110 pick up for work.
Post #150839 17th Jun 2012 10:19pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
LR90XS2011 wrote:
is it that scratch thats done it?

Rolling with laughter No she is in very fine fettle, but getting a 8K debt of our shoulders which we are currently not able to pay off apart from the interest on it. This way I have my dream boat and a scruffier 110 Defender hard top more suited for work duties and with a level bank account motivation to save up and do up the house which is a must after years of neglect.
Post #150843 17th Jun 2012 10:25pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
bpman wrote:
Zag - looks like someone has hacked your account and is blithering on about selling the 110!

My money's on the guy below......He's seen what Zag thinks of him..... Rolling with laughter

Zagato wrote:
My neighbour is a boss eyed 20 stone lump,
 If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #150844 17th Jun 2012 10:30pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
T1G UP wrote:
sell it, free up the funds and go for it.

you've considered it so your there mentally. getting what you need for the 110 may be an issue now its a cat D Rolling with laughter

youre only here once Zag, sell the house live on the boat more to cornwall and get a 110 pick up for work.

Were on the same page their mate. I've looked into being a live-aboard Whistle

I could sell the TDCi, keep my current boat and buy a "better" Defender for say 15K but I am happy with a cheaper TDi, and do have enough cash to buy my dream boat which is far more exciting than a TD5 over a TDi.

"you've considered it so your there mentally" wise words TIG Wink
Post #150846 17th Jun 2012 10:33pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
K9F wrote:
bpman wrote:
Zag - looks like someone has hacked your account and is blithering on about selling the 110!

My money's on the guy below......He's seen what Zag thinks of him..... Rolling with laughter

Zagato wrote:

Keep it down boys, he'll be reading this Shocked Laughing Oi Andy your a good bloke but stop hacking into my account and reading my posts Whistle Oh and look at me when I'm talking to you... My nephew is boss eyed before anyone thinks i'm being insensitive, just humour Rolling Eyes
Post #150848 17th Jun 2012 10:35pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Zagato wrote:
K9F wrote:
bpman wrote:

Zagato wrote:

Keep it down boys, he'll be reading this Shocked Laughing Oi Andy your a good bloke but stop hacking into my account and reading my posts Whistle Oh and look at me when I'm talking to you... My nephew is boss eyed before anyone thinks i'm being insensitive, just humour Rolling Eyes

Rolling with laughter Bow down Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #150850 17th Jun 2012 10:39pm
Surrey Rover

That boat looks mighty fine, and fun for the family. I bet you would have more adventures in that than your Landy, and you could still buy another one as you say.

In fact, Buy a hilux instead! you know you want to Laughing Nick

2.2 110 Tipper
Post #150851 17th Jun 2012 10:40pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Surrey Rover wrote:
That boat looks mighty fine, and fun for the family. I bet you would have more adventures in that than your Landy, and you could still buy another one as you say.

In fact, Buy a hilux instead! you know you want to Laughing

You've hit the nail on the head Nick, for what I use the Defender for there is no advantage in having so much dosh tied up in the TDCi, but the differences in boats is huge and it would sort my debt out. I'll give you 8K for your Hilux as long as it's not scratched Very Happy Wink
Post #150854 17th Jun 2012 10:54pm
RobKeay

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
One of the lads at work had to pay a debt of so he delivered Chinese takeaways!

Amazing how far some go to keep their land rovers that lad was working 70 hours plus hours a week.

Saying that I have done over a 100 hours in week if I got a hi-lux reckon I could get it down to 36.
Post #150859 17th Jun 2012 11:43pm
RobKeay

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
The debt was caused by buying a dodgy land rover that got taken off him by the police.

That was the last time I went with someone to look at a car. They had done a great job of ringing it. Still 8 months of deliveries and he had paid off 6k.
Post #150860 17th Jun 2012 11:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>