↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > TD5 tuning options?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Maxxed_Ross

Scotland 2001 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Cobar Blue
TD5 tuning options?
Hi lads, I'm looking for some advice on TD5 tuning as I do quite a bit of towing (mostly car trailers) so could do with a bit of extra torque

At the moment I have K&N panel filter fitted, the EGR blanked off and a plug in tuning box fitted (no sticker saying what it is, but it's blue Laughing )

I've been looking alot at the Twisted upgrades for the TD5, but they are a heck of a price to get any sort of real gains out of them.

Is there anything else I could do on the cheap while I save for my Twisted P10 kit? Laughing

On a slightly related topic, I get quite a scream from the turbo when you give it a proper bootfull of throttle... is this normal? I've heard a couple of owners comment on how vocal the turbo can be Confused

Thanks in advance Very Happy
Post #149440 10th Jun 2012 6:02am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
There is a multitude of options....look through the sponsors give them a call. Thumbs Up You could also do a search or two, just typing 'tuning' throws up 284 threads.....Happy reading!!!!! If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #149451 10th Jun 2012 9:15am
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
We at BAS offer various products from remap tuning to Allisport intercoolers and our well know TD5 VNT bolt on hybrid turbo charger.

My self at BAS and Ian at IRB Developements are the only companys that have a bolt on TD5 VNT conversion that was designed and made with the TD5 in mind at casting stage.
The turbo as said is a direct replacement unit and does not need new special intercooler hoses and pipework to make it fit like others on the market. Link here http://bellautoservices.co.uk/products/vnt...vgt-turbo/

This turbo can be fitted with or without an intercooler and will also help with power on cars with or without remap or electronic tuning. It will help with low end power being a VNT and will also help throughout the full rpm range to maintain boost/flow upto redline, This bolt on VNT option is far more effective than the standard fixed geomitry turbo at doing its job improving the cars drivability and pulling power no end.

Regards Pete
Post #149467 10th Jun 2012 10:44am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
twopoint6khz

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Java Black
I can vouch for the fact that even a simple remap (done right) makes a world of difference Thumbs Up

Mine will now properly push you back in your seat in 3rd Whistle
Post #149569 10th Jun 2012 6:28pm
Maxxed_Ross

Scotland 2001 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Cobar Blue
thanks for the replies lads, loads to keep me busy on nightshift tonight then Laughing
Post #149578 10th Jun 2012 6:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1