Home > For Sale & Wanted > Wanted 110 County or XS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
cradgebank

England 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Wanted 110 County or XS
Hi

Looking for a late Td5 or preferably Tdci 110 Station wagon.

Thanks

Richard
Post #10957 17th May 2009 7:00am
Landy nut

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Td5 PU Epsom Green
Looking at selling my 110 XS double cab with loads of accessories. Its a 55 plate, still under warranty and is owned by a fastidious mechanical owner - ME!!! I do full servicing (all fluids and filter replacements and everything gets greased including propshafts) on the vehicle every 5-6k and it has a fully stamped LR service book from one agent who know the vehicle from new - who are always amazed at it. Usual XS refinements like leather, air con, traction control, ABS etc.

Vehicle bodywork is one of the best I have seen on a defender from the factory with none of the usual dodgy bits of painting.

Vehicle is Java Black (micatallic) and comes with loads of accessories, including ARB front winch bumper, Original LR Mantec aluminium steering guard, QT full surround zinc plated diff guards, rear armoured corners with chequerplate, full chequerplate kit (wingtops, sills, quarter panels and rear panels all in 3mm silver powder coated) and their is a choice of tops, from a colour coded Truckman fibreglass (recently sprayed outside and sprayed white inside to maximise light), Ifor Williams canopy with both mesh and solid rear door options.
I also have a mid pipe replacement and de-cat downpipe fitted. It has an aluminium roof rack (in silver), which looks great with the chequerplate. I am sure there is more, but I cant think of it off the top of my head.
The vehicle also comes with all the original parts - exhaust, mud flaps, bumper etc.
Everything on the vehicle gets upgraded as I go, so nothing but the best for this baby. She is my pet!!!
Forgot to say, new genuine LR heavy duty suspension fitted and she is only £180 per year to tax. Mileage is 41k and will be given her next service (all fluids and filters inc diffs etc) in 1000 miles before LR service at 48k.

She is running boost alloys with a full new set of 285/75/16 BFG muds with less than 1000 miles and also has wheel spacers.

If you are interested, please PM me, but I am asking good money for this vehicle as it really is one of the best looked after vehicles you will find. It is not just cosmetically great, but mechanically impecable. I am a fastidious owner. I regularly go round checking and tightening things like wheel bearings etc and I replace everything with original LR stuff rather than repair or buy other cheaper aftermarket stuff where the quality is not as good.
Under warranty I have had the steering damper replaced, a new crank sensor, air flow meter and the usual wiring harness and seals etc.

Lovely bit of kit.

Last edited by Landy nut on 17th May 2009 5:39pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #10972 17th May 2009 5:32pm
Landy nut

Forgot to say - also has full LR original rubber mats, alloy gearbox and transfer box knobs and rear tinted windows for rear passenger compartment, to include rear sliding window and small curved windows. This was done by a top tinting company at great expense in Devon.

No body work corrosion or electrolysis etc anywhere and as it is a late one, it has all the new pressed frame doors, rather than the angled ones, so is much less prone to rot!!!

Full adjustable towpack (LR fitted from factory).

New door seals were done.

Will add more things as I think of them!!!

She sounds and drives as new and everything is really tight on it. No noises, rattles or squeaks and everything works perfectly on it. Gearbox is lovely and tight.
Post #10973 17th May 2009 5:34pm
Landy nut

To give you an idea of what I mean by fastidious owner, when I do my oil changes, I coincide them with the changing of the seasons, as the colder winter temperature and hot running causes more condensation and therefore water to sit on the oil and in the engine, so I change my oil and the right time of the year, every 5-6k.
I also do a double change every time, in that I buy double the amount of oil required and 2 filters. I do one oil empty, the do the first change with new filters. I then run this for about 1-2 days maximum and then redo the entire oil change with new filters again. This keeps the oil much cleaner and greatly reduces the amount of junk in the oil that ends up sitting around the engine after you drain the first time.

I flush and operate the coolant system and the diffs and gearbox and transfer box and the brake fluid in the same way.

You get the idea...... I am officially a nutcase when it come to maintanance.
Post #10976 17th May 2009 6:03pm
fekete

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Bonatti Grey
sounds like you've got mechanical O.C.D Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #11004 17th May 2009 8:59pm
cradgebank

PM sent to you Landy Nut
Post #11011 18th May 2009 6:19am
alantd

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Landy Nut - why are you selling? Sounds like you have a dream spec. One that started out as a 2.4 TDCi 110 XS
+ New Defender 110 First Edition
Post #11020 18th May 2009 8:42am
Landy nut

Yes, I do have mechanical OCD!!!

I was thinking about keeping it until the new one came out, but I have decided that I am going to change a few years earlier. Who knows, I might get bored in a few years and swap back if LR get the new Defender sorted.

It really is the perfect truck, I have to admit and it will really hurt me to get rid of it as I have spent a lot of money on it with regards to parts and ensuring that it gets nothing but the best. I will be gutted to see it go, but as long as it goes to a good home I will be happy.
Post #11067 18th May 2009 9:11pm
cradgebank

Still looking if anyone has anything.
Post #11989 15th Jun 2009 9:14am
AndrewS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red
My 110 xs utility is for sale Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge
Post #12005 15th Jun 2009 1:57pm
110SEB

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black