Home > Events > Bristol and West LR Show 23/24th June
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
custom90steve wrote:
Was there many coppers down there? Thumbs Up

Question Question Why, does it make a difference? Didn't see a single one except for the ones being exchanged for goods! Laughing If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #151811 25th Jun 2012 1:27pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
K9F wrote:
custom90steve wrote:

Question Question Why, does it make a difference? Didn't see a single one except for the ones being exchanged for goods! Laughing

No it doesn't matter just thought they might have been looking out for any illegal mods Rolling Eyes As regarding coppers for goods yes a lot I would imagine Thumbs Up Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #151814 25th Jun 2012 1:51pm
T1G UP

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
custom90steve wrote:
K9F wrote:
custom90steve wrote:

Question Question Why, does it make a difference? Didn't see a single one except for the ones being exchanged for goods! Laughing

No it doesn't matter just thought they might have been looking out for any illegal mods Rolling Eyes As regarding coppers for goods yes a lot I would imagine Thumbs Up

illegal mods? this is somerset not Brighton....i sold my lambretta anyway so i'm safe
Post #151827 25th Jun 2012 3:14pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
T1G UP wrote:
custom90steve wrote:
K9F wrote:
custom90steve wrote:

No it doesn't matter just thought they might have been looking out for any illegal mods Rolling Eyes As regarding coppers for goods yes a lot I would imagine Thumbs Up

illegal mods? this is somerset not Brighton....i sold my lambretta anyway so i'm safe

Laughing Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #151835 25th Jun 2012 3:58pm
ben_j85jty

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 XS DCPU Bonatti Grey
Another great weekend all in all.

Had to nurse the TD5 down there after my engine supplier woefully let me down (Ordered Tuesday and told 24hr Delivery. It gets sent out Wednesday on a 48 hour Deliver and guess what, I am still waiting!)

Saw a number of fellow forum'ers, made my pitch fee back which is a first and even made it to the 303 before quitting and taking a tellow truck taxi home.

Rain on Saturday made any sort of large socail gathering difficult, however a small one was had around our tent and we had a ball.

Apologies to those I didn't got to say hello to - Ian and the Mudrut team for example, who were only about 50m away from us but I only had chance to look longinly at their trucks as I scuttle to the gents every now and again! 2002 Defender 110 DC
Post #151889 25th Jun 2012 7:49pm
mobilecentre

United Kingdom 
Hello to all of those that introduced yourself and sorry to those who I did not have time to talk to as we were flat out all weekend - we did not even get to fully unload all of our stuff.

Apologies to those who had to complain to the show organisers that our lights were too bright Embarassed
Post #151937 25th Jun 2012 11:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
adafish wrote:
I also have a burnt head n face after the sun eventually decided to turn up.....Ada

ada, Thanks because you didnt brush your hair correctly Rolling with laughter

I thought is was a good show weekend all in though a little smaller than some of the other shows, most of the important faces and trade stands were there at the show giving customer support and product advice which was nice to see.

I was nice to put a few names from the forum to faces in the flesh, ill no doubt forget them all by the next show lol. all i need now is sleep to recover from the long drive and hard work weekend.

Pete
Post #151956 26th Jun 2012 9:09am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
leeds

United Kingdom 
Yes the B & W LR show is a long trek down from West Yorkshire. Must admit with with the weather forecast I was dubious about going.

Glad we did as whilst it was a small show it was certainly well worth attending. Was good to meet some forum members that I have not met before. BP and Russ made their prescence on our stand in a way that only those two can.

Luckily the weather stayed dry during Saturday but the heavens opened up and the wind got up. Lucilky it stopped about 6am on Sunday and the day was dry. The sun come out and Sunday afternoon/evening was glorious. Where we were the ground managed to cope with the weather.

Apparently about 10,000 was raised for BLESMA, although I believe no vehicle records were broken.

Now lets hope the Mark, Mark and Matt team build on this first show for them at he Bath show ground. One advantage was the offroad course was at the edge of the showground.

Now if anyone has ideas on how to improve the show for next year I am sure that the Mark + team would be interested to hear from you

Brendan
Post #151959 26th Jun 2012 9:31am
adafish

United Kingdom 1984 Defender 110 300 Tdi DCPU Stornoway Grey
mobilecentre wrote:
Hello to all of those that introduced yourself and sorry to those who I did not have time to talk to as we were flat out all weekend - we did not even get to fully unload all of our stuff.

Apologies to those who had to complain to the show organisers that our lights were too bright Embarassed
....Staff issues and no ALLEN KEYS.., has for lights, no prob for me Mr Tim., just our bloody I.C.E to lod, lol... Putting Dreams on Drives at JLR Solihull..
Post #152004 26th Jun 2012 4:10pm
The Boy

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Rimini Red
mobilecentre wrote:

Tim

Thanks for the forum offer at the show for the glove box, very good of you. I fitted it last night after work and am very happy with it, quality Thumbs Up .

Cheers

Boy
Post #152007 26th Jun 2012 5:02pm
mobilecentre

United Kingdom 
Great glad you are happy with it, the full stainless construction including hinges means they are one of the few things that will not rust on a Defender!

Luckily the post with the extra special prices on is lost in cyberspace forever so you are one of the privileged few Thumbs Up

No one has yet been brave enough to buy a pink one though for some reason Question
Post #152009 26th Jun 2012 5:09pm
adafish

United Kingdom 1984 Defender 110 300 Tdi DCPU Stornoway Grey
orders for them will come rolling in soon Tim, i'd have one for Betty.. Putting Dreams on Drives at JLR Solihull..
Post #152011 26th Jun 2012 5:15pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
mobilecentre wrote:

No one has yet been brave enough to buy a pink one though for some reason Question

Killer will probably want one soon Thumbs Up Whistle Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #152012 26th Jun 2012 5:17pm
mobilecentre

United Kingdom 
We did sell a set of pink mudflap brackets - now will wait for the interesting replies....
Post #152013 26th Jun 2012 5:19pm
Dave-H

England 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Tonga Green
mobilecentre wrote:
We did sell a set of pink mudflap brackets - now will wait for the interesting replies....

OOH .... biting my lip, dont want to be banned Rolling with laughter Guns and Landrovers .... anything else is irrelevant.
Post #152015 26th Jun 2012 5:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>