Home > Technical > Defender puma 2.4 blowing smoke and erratic idling/surging
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
JOENGELBRECHT

South Africa 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Alpine White
Naks wrote:
JOENGELBRECHT wrote:
thanks for the response, I do not have a tool to check error codes. Where can I get this? Also When I have taken it in to LR Stellenbosch they have reported no error codes? LR N1 downloaded software and it fixed the problem for only 2 weeks then it was back. My car does make a huka-chucka about 2 times when I switch off. I am taking it into LR Service centre tomorrow morning in hope they can help. Today and yesterday drove her no problems, checked all fuses nothing. I will speak to LR SC about MAF sensor. Thanks again I will keep you posted.

I would avoid N1 City - they are useless. I find it hard to believe there are no error codes with the behaviour you are describing. But check all hoses, clamps, etc.

If you're around Stellenbosch (Technopark )during the day let me know, I have a remap device which also reads error codes. Otherwise you can get a bluetooth OBD2 scanner (http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/73468633/ELM327_Portable_Wireless_Vgate_Scan_Advanced_OBD2_EOBD_Bluetooth_Scan_Tool_NEXT_DAY_DISPATCH.html) and read them on your phone.

Naks your a diamond, thanks for this will check it out. Appreciate your help. She has been better over the weekend not as bad, just took it to LR Services Southfield, will keep you posted and definately will pop into you when I am in that area, maybe private message me your details. I will check out the scanner and get sorted that side. Thanks again. Joanna
Post #166096 3rd Sep 2012 9:09am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12