↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Beware of Genuine Landrover SVX rear LED light kit...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
mlightfoot

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Beware of Genuine Landrover SVX rear LED light kit...
I've just bought a very expensive SVX LED rear lighting kit costing £500+, was promised that the indicators were LED, not only are they not but you have to drill into the body in order for the indicator plinths to fit purely because the barrel of the indicators is wider than the barrels of the LED lights and the associated plinths come with the pre-set bolts like the original 95mm fog and reverse plinths, not that you can bolt them fom behind bevause its impossile to reach the backs:( It's outrageous that LR sell them as plug and play!

Wish I'd have gone back to MobileCentre, although I've submitted two emails to them over the last two weeks saying I wanted to spend £600 and they've not even bothered to reply:( business must be good!!
Post #128963 5th Mar 2012 8:35pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
It's very annoying when things like this happen! If you bought from LR try a different dealer explain what happened and ask for them to be fitted. my guess is they might do it for free or at worst a reduced price. Hope you get it sorted. Failing that a refund.
Post #128964 5th Mar 2012 8:39pm
T1G UP

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Re: Beware of Genuine Landrover SVX rear LED light kit...
mlightfoot wrote:
I've just bought a very expensive SVX LED rear lighting kit costing £500+, was promised that the indicators were LED, not only are they not but you have to drill into the body in order for the indicator plinths to fit purely because the barrel of the indicators is wider than the barrels of the LED lights and the associated plinths come with the pre-set bolts like the original 95mm fog and reverse plinths, not that you can bolt them fom behind bevause its impossile to reach the backs:( It's outrageous that LR sell them as plug and play!

Wish I'd have gone back to MobileCentre, although I've submitted two emails to them over the last two weeks saying I wanted to spend £600 and they've not even bothered to reply:( business must be good!!
send them back with the reason is they are NOT plug and play!
Post #128966 5th Mar 2012 8:42pm
mlightfoot

Bought from Duckworths, asked 3 times prior to purchase if ALL lights were LED, got a resounding YES on all occasions:(
Post #128968 5th Mar 2012 8:43pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
Awww man, sorry you did this, I put a post up a week or two ago about these things, they suck Confused
Post #128969 5th Mar 2012 8:46pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Send em back, they look ridiculous anyway Rolling with laughter Just trying to cheer you up Wink Thumbs Up
Post #128971 5th Mar 2012 8:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mlightfoot

GREENI wrote:
Awww man, sorry you did this, I put a post up a week or two ago about these things, they suck Confused

Was your issue the same, what's the best solution? The stops, fog and reverse are great though.
Post #128972 5th Mar 2012 8:47pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
I fitted some on behalf of a customer....
I just had to remove the wheelarch brow to fit them. (they were replacemants as the first lot failed ) Shocked
Post #128975 5th Mar 2012 8:54pm
mlightfoot

GREENI wrote:
I fitted some on behalf of a customer....
I just had to remove the wheelarch brow to fit them. (they were replacemants as the first lot failed ) Shocked

The LED ones failed, or the non-LED indicators?

Sad
Post #128977 5th Mar 2012 8:56pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
Sorry. The LED ones failed Sad
Post #128980 5th Mar 2012 8:59pm
bpman

2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
I have these fitted to my ICE edition and yes the indicators are filaments not LEDS... the reason i think is due to the variety of tow electrics you may attach to your truck.

If i did not have LEDs as standard, i'd keep the standard ones and put LED bulbs and load resistors on the indicators ...

I bought some LED indicator bulbs from Douglas Motors, the chap insisted they had built in load resistors .. they didn't Sad they are now sat in a drawer somewhere

You can see from the photo below, the indicator (lower right) has a bulb

Click image to enlarge
Post #128982 5th Mar 2012 9:00pm
mobilecentre

United Kingdom 
I am sorry you have not been able to reach us - I have looked through the mailbox and I can find is emails back to 2010 when you purchased a set of SVX lamps from us. I have emailed you on that email address you were using in 2010.

Land Rover do not and have never offered the indicators in LED, the Duckworth advert is carefully worded to avoid the use of the word LED when it mentions indicators - they are bulb units. The SVX, Fire & ICE etc all have bulbed indicators and the location of the lamps is altered from the standard setup to accomodate them.

Tim
Post #128984 5th Mar 2012 9:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mobilecentre

United Kingdom 
We supply a LED indicator that will fit in the original place and does not require holes etc.

The fitment of resistors will require splicing into the loom or the construction of a piggy back harnesses neither of which is plug and play.

Our solution uses a plug in relay.
Post #128988 5th Mar 2012 9:07pm
mlightfoot

mobilecentre wrote:
I am sorry you have not been able to reach us - I have looked through the mailbox and I can find is emails back to 2010 when you purchased a set of SVX lamps from us. I have emailed you on that email address you were using in 2010.

Land Rover do not and have never offered the indicators in LED, the Duckworth advert is carefully worded to avoid the use of the word LED when it mentions indicators - they are bulb units. The SVX, Fire & ICE etc all have bulbed indicators and the location of the lamps is altered from the standard setup to accomodate them.

Tim

Thanks Tim, but I've submitted 2 website enquiries to you over the last two weeks, so I suggest you speak with your website content manager to understand why you're loosing valuable leads and return business!

Do your LED indicators work seemlessly with ALL towing electrics?
Post #128993 5th Mar 2012 9:10pm
GREENI

United Kingdom 
mobilecentre wrote:
We supply a LED indicator that will fit in the original place and does not require holes etc..

These weren't the ones we fitted then Cool
Post #129001 5th Mar 2012 9:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>