↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Stolen > Police reports Windsor area
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jonesie

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Corris Grey
Police reports Windsor area
Just got this from the Father in-law Landies being targeted again in the Windsor area.

This message is dated Tuesday 28th February for Windsor.

A problem has turned up in Windsor, which we have not had for some time – car parts being stolen. We have had a bonnet stolen from one car and the headlights from another. One car was a Landrover Discovery, the other a Landrover Defender. If you have either of these makes of car, please pay particular attention to their security and where you park them.

Attached is the authorised advice re tracker systems for smart phones and other devices.

CRIME:
CLEWER, DEDWORTH & OAKLEY GREEN:
clewer&oakleygreennhpt@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
27/2 Monday 9.10 a.m. / 5 p.m. Race Course, Maidenhead Road. Car driver’s rear window smashed – electric V shaped guitar stolen. It is dark red around the edge fading to pale red in the middle.
24/2 – 27/2 Friday / Monday Parsonage Lane. Crossbar and clamp stolen from a scooter.

CLEWER EAST & PARK:
clewereast&parknhpt@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
26/2 – 27/2 Sunday 8 p.m. / Monday 6.30 a.m. Sandpit Gate. Windsor Great Park. Car bonnet stolen from a Green Landrover Defender. Were you in the park at this time – did you see anything suspicious ? Removing a bonnet must have been noticeable ? Did they walk down the road with it or put it in a car / van.
26/2 – 27/2 Sunday 8 a.m. / Monday 12 noon. St Leonard’s Avenue. Windscreen wipers vandalised.

DATCHET, HORTON & WRAYSBURY:
datchethortonnhpt@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
27/2 Monday 11.05 / 11/45 p.m. Coppermill Road. Car tyres slashed.
26/2 – 27/2 Sunday 4 p.m. / Monday 12.30 p.m. High Street. Headlights stolen from a blue Landrover discovery.

OLD WINDSOR:
oldwindsornhpt@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
NO CRIME TO REPORT

INNER WINDSOR:
innerwindsorneighbourhood@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
26/2 - 27/2 Sunday 10.45 a.m. / Monday 7 a.m. Ward Royal X 3 Burglaries. Christian Square – ENTRY BY UNKNOWN MEANS – Games consoles X 2, computer games plus accessories, TV, DVDs and sports bag stolen. The sports bags are stolen to put the stolen items inside. Mountbatten Square. Front door forced – no tool marks on the frame. Games console, laptop and radio stolen. Mountbatten Square. Thief entered via garden up a set of stairs to a living room door which had been left UNLOCKED. TV stolen from the kitchen, a laptop from a bedroom and keys stolen. The thief was disturbed and immediately made off. He is described as of mixed race / Asian, 6’, with short facial hair.

ETON & ETON WICK:
eton&etonwicknhpt@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
NO CRIME TO REPORT

COMMENT:
Hi Jeff
I am on your email circulation list.
I have just (last 5 mins) returned from a shopping trip and noticed a white van parked up in our cul de sac. A young man wearing a dark green sweatshirt with Chelsea Gardens on it embroidered in white got out of the van and walked up my drive saying something along the lines of - he had been let down by a customer who had ordered some teak garden furniture and he was unable to deliver it today. Would I be interested ?
Needless to say I said no.
This may all be perfectly innocent, but it seemed a bit suspicious to me and the young man was very uncomfortable while talking to me. He couldn't make eye contact and he shuffled from foot to foot as if he was embarrassed. They drove off. It could be someone is missing some garden furniture. It's a funny time of year to be delivering this type of furniture.
I was really grateful for this email as it does show up a huge point. This should have been an immediate call to the police on the 101 number This is clearly a suspicious incident and the police should have been called so that they could come out and have a look at the van and the furniture in case the items were stolen. They may well totally legitimate and they let you think they are stolen so that you feel you are getting a bargain on the price !!! Please , please remember, if you buy something like this – in these circumstances and at a very obviously reduced price – you run the risk of being arrested for handling stolen goods !!!! Not a risk worth running. The caller did let us have the index number of the van so well done for letting us know. I do hope everyone else would have phoned the PEC immediately they finished the conversation ????

Eyes and Ears.

Jeff
jeffrey.pick@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk
ringmasterintelligen@thamesvalley.pnn.police.ukw, Landies being targeted again in the Windsor area. Series I 86" Petrol orig side valve (daily hack)
VW Tiguan ( bit bland but very comfy )
Porsche 997.2
790 Bonnie
Post #127541 28th Feb 2012 9:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1