Home > Off Topic > JERSEY
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
chalky

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
JERSEY
Haas any one been lately !

I have just returned from a week on the island and was horrified by the crap food in some of the restaurants....

I did find some proper establishments to eat in after two sordid attempts i just wondered if any one ele has encountered this ? DEFENDER XS CSW 08 TONGA GREEN
Post #3874 15th Sep 2008 6:27pm
TJ101

Isle Of Man 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Ditto would not go back out of choice !! have struggled to find anywhere half decent food wise !!

Off Topic a tad !!

Were in St Helier harbour overnight, about 20 boats on the visitors pontoon, about 9pm ish, having a beer, when we had, what looked like the remains of a take away chinese lobed down from the top of the harbour wall, followed by a beer bottle,,which lander on the side deck of one boat, just missing 3/4 people !! Transpires the local yobs use the harbour side as a race track / car park, etc,
The Police and harbour staff were not bother at the time, after complaining, and gave the impression of couldn't care less California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Main Brian James Trailer Dealer for South West UK
Post #3894 16th Sep 2008 4:57pm
chalky

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
I stayed away from St Hellier and ate at a few of the pubs that seem to be part of a chain ! After speaking to a couple with a similar view we eventually found some where near Gorey Castle on the East of the Island and a couple on the North as well.
I didn't experience the local yobbos but I did take stock of the ammount of Defensers on the Island . DEFENDER XS CSW 08 TONGA GREEN
Post #3992 22nd Sep 2008 12:00pm
Edd80Inch

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 90 Td5 HT Rioja Red
Chalky you went to the wrong island!!! Why do you think the Condor stops in Guernsey first Rolling with laughter

Defenders are realy popular here as well, mainly 90 CSW's 1999 90 TD5 County
1943 Ford GPW Jeep
Post #5727 24th Dec 2008 10:25am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TJ101

Isle Of Man 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Agree,, now Guernsey is a complete different story,, excellent place, (when the Harbour board let us in the marina Big Cry ) California F1, 75th 110 "Kermit", 50th Ann V8, 90 V8 Hybrid, 55 Series 1

Main Brian James Trailer Dealer for South West UK
Post #5728 24th Dec 2008 10:31am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Lots of Defners.
Just spent the day in Jersey awaiting tonight's Condor Sailing to Portsmouth and went for a nostalgic drive round the island as it was a chilhood holiday destination! It must be said I have never witnessed such a concentration of Defenders - unless of course they too were having a jaunt and it was the same ones I saw again and again and they had a quick respray in between! Rolling with laughter If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #126199 23rd Feb 2012 7:06pm
jerseyman

I think you must have had some bad luck if you reckon the food here is rubbish, i reckon food is one of the great secrets of the place Give me a bit of notice next time and I will give you some suggestions.
Post #126215 23rd Feb 2012 8:00pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Smile Me I'm not bothered about food! If I'm hungry enough, it's covered in gravy or cheese sauce and is one degree either side of 'hot' I'll eat poo! I only tagged on to a thread to share my observation having punched in 'Jersey!' This was instead of starting a new one! It is a very old thread admittedly and a tad off topic but I would eat poo ya know!! Laughing If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #126223 23rd Feb 2012 8:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1